FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Midwest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-455/)
-   -   Last flight of the day out of Ord (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest/1758403-last-flight-day-out-ord.html)

Steve Weagant Apr 8, 2016 9:51 pm

Last flight of the day out of Ord

I was just fooling around looking at departures out of ORD. It looks like Oz 235 is the last flight of the day at 11:55 pm. Should be kind of different since I've never done that before.

obscure2k Apr 8, 2016 10:13 pm

Moving thread to the FT Chicago Forum.
Please follow there..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

cheltzel Apr 9, 2016 6:09 am

Originally Posted by steve4031 (Post 26459006)
I was just fooling around looking at departures out of ORD. It looks like Oz 235 is the last flight of the day at 11:55 pm. Should be kind of different since I've never done that before.

I stopped flying TPAC for work a couple of years ago. Glad to see OZ moved the time on this flight back to being a red eye. The only issue is it is the old J hard product (angled lie-flat). If you are flying in business and cannot sleep in that kind of seat, it probably won't work for you. In coach, it is a 34" seat pitch and has a much better than average food/beverage service. IFE is a bit dated but not bad IMO.

I liked flying it when it was scheduled around 1:00 AM. Long flight, nice meal service and then a good snooze. Arrive ICN early in the morning and can make pretty much any connection possible out of ICN you want.

Steve Weagant Apr 9, 2016 7:28 am

I'm flying on miles so it will be better than coach

I am looking forward to this one. First solo in business class.

JBord Apr 9, 2016 9:54 am

Originally Posted by steve4031 (Post 26460195)
I am looking forward to this one. First solo in business class.

LOL...yes, better than coach :).

My problem with this flight is that if you're connecting at ICN on star alliance, you typically have a very long layover.

But other than that, enjoy!

cheltzel Apr 9, 2016 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by JBord (Post 26460648)
LOL...yes, better than coach :).

My problem with this flight is that if you're connecting at ICN on star alliance, you typically have a very long layover.

But other than that, enjoy!

At 4 or 5 AM at ICN the only thing open is the OZ business lounge. I don't remember for sure but I think they have the recliner snooze chairs.

Steve Weagant Apr 12, 2016 10:16 pm

When is check in for this flight?

My Freind is going to want to check a bag on this flight. I'm assuming it will be around 9 pm for 11:55 pm flight.

I'm not to excited about that layover at I need. I take a shower and try to get a decent breakfast.

MSPeconomist Apr 12, 2016 10:21 pm

Public transportation service into Seoul generally gets going around 5:30 am, depending a bit on the route of course.

cheltzel Apr 13, 2016 12:29 am

Originally Posted by steve4031 (Post 26477568)
My Freind is going to want to check a bag on this flight. I'm assuming it will be around 9 pm for 11:55 pm flight.

I'm not to excited about that layover at I need. I take a shower and try to get a decent breakfast.

The OZ business lounges at ICN have showers as I recall.

Assuming your friend will have a lengthy connection (over 4 hours), the restaurants at the airport open up starting around 6AM or 7AM. I was impressed with the options available at ICN. But I never looked for a Western breakfast.

If your friend has a really long connection you may want to go to the Asia forums or to the OZ forum and fins threads about going into Seoul.