Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Springfield Branson Airport

Old Jan 6, 16, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

We in Springfield never have cheap airline tickets. We are very discouraged. Is there any where, other than Tulsa, KC, Joplin or St. Louis that we can fly from. Those are several hours away from Springfield.

Also, are there any airlines coming to our airport in 2016 that have not been announced, yet?
Old Jan 6, 16, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Unfortunately, that is common for small airports with little competition. I suspect low passenger volume makes it unlikely competitors would be excited about establishing service' so you are probably stuck with what you have.

Welcome to FT! Hopefully you can find ideas and strategies here that will help you lower your own cost of flying.
Old Jan 7, 16, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
My parents retired to NW Arkansas and I tried to find the cheapest way to fly there for several years. Unfortunately I didn't find a really cheap solution.

My best guess would be XNA, TUL or FSM. The closest to you would be XNA (about 100 miles). I flew into XNA a couple of times, it was the closest to my folks and they used to have a number of flights daily on mainline airlines (AA, UA, DL).

Search this Thread