Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Concourse A to C in STL

Concourse A to C in STL

Old Sep 26, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by GregL
The B concourse has been closed (except immediately following the 2011 tornado) since AA downsized TWA's operations shortly after they bought them.
It was also open for a spell around 2008(?) or so when that was to be the ill-fated Air Tran "hub", which failed, and they were then bought by Southwest and moved over to E.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 3:20 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by WRCSolberg
It was also open for a spell around 2008(?) or so when that was to be the ill-fated Air Tran "hub", which failed, and they were then bought by Southwest and moved over to E.
AirTran never tried a hub in STL. They did move to B after the tornado in 2011 and then relocated to E after the merger with Southwest.

Greg
Old Sep 26, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Peon Gold
Originally Posted by GregL
AirTran never tried a hub in STL. They did move to B after the tornado in 2011 and then relocated to E after the merger with Southwest.

Greg
You'll notice I used quotations around the word "hub". The idea that B concourse was supposed to be Airtran's own little fiefdom with the long range plan of starting service beyond their initial flights to be a focus city of sorts. As far as I can tell, they only served ATL, SRQ, MCO and maybe MKE. Airtran didn't do well out of STL and several years later, was bought by Southwest, which is when they then moved to E.

Airtran originally began service in the B terminal back in 2007 as I said, that was completely correct. It appears they moved over to C concourse shortly before the tornado, moved back to B after the tornado, and then ended up back in E after the purchase by Southwest.

Pardon the source, but it appears B10 was their first gate. Note the date:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...ain?id=3537731
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: DL MM/Silver; UA 1K ; Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium; Avis Pref+,Hertz PC
I'm scheduled to fly out of United but wants to go to Conc A, can I still go in using same-day BP?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:10 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
United flies out of Concourse A. I have used a boarding pass for Delta to access the Admirals Club on concourse C without a problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.