Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Mobile Passport App slated to start April, 13th.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:26 am
Original Poster

A little heads up. I mentioned this in the travel/safety forum but I'll mention it here too.

Effective April 13th, you'll be able to use the mobile app in addition to GE, OneStop and the APC kiosks. 10 units have been installed.

Those that are interested in learning more can use the link.

www.mobilepassport.us
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:50 pm

Thanks for the update -- seems like a smart way to get the queues down.

This may be a stupid question, but how does this app interact with GE? Any idea which will be faster? Will people using the app just proceed right to baggage claim or will they have to wait in line?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by knoebelsPT
Thanks for the update -- seems like a smart way to get the queues down.

This may be a stupid question, but how does this app interact with GE? Any idea which will be faster? Will people using the app just proceed right to baggage claim or will they have to wait in line?
I've seen anecdotal reports that people were getting through faster using the app than those doing GE.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Can I use it if using "carry-on only" exit, or do I need to go to the main hall?

Last edited by legalalien; Mar 21, 2015 at 2:13 pm
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by milepig
I've seen anecdotal reports that people were getting through faster using the app than those doing GE.
At ATL, sometimes.

At ORD, it's still to be seen.

I doubt that MPC can save me time over GE at ORD unless: GE machines break down; and/or the MPC line is placed such that it ends up being a shorter walk to reach from my flight's arrival door than the GE kiosks would be from my flight's arrival door. in the latter case, it would be as it is with one-stop at ORD in terms of the major time saving coming from the shorter walk.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
At ATL, sometimes.

At ORD, it's still to be seen.

I doubt that MPC can save me time over GE at ORD unless: GE machines break down; and/or the MPC line is placed such that it ends up being a shorter walk to reach from my flight's arrival door than the GE kiosks would be from my flight's arrival door. in the latter case, it would be as it is with one-stop at ORD in terms of the major time saving coming from the shorter walk.
The website is short on details. Just how much human interaction is required when using the app? Can you skip customs line, too?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by legalalien
The website is short on details. Just how much human interaction is required when using the app? Can you skip customs line, too?
From the FAQs:
Will I still have to go through U.S. customs if I use the Mobile Passport App?

Yes. However, the Mobile Passport App speeds up the process and allows you to use a special, faster lane.
http://mobilepassport.us/#question3

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24132158-post2.html

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Mar 21, 2015 at 3:05 pm
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:12 pm

Thanks! So I assume shorter customs line is the same as GE line?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:04 am

Maybe I have been too jetlagged to notice it, but does ORD have a dedicated GE customs line? Are they going to add one to work with the mobile app?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Once I get over the flu, I'll make a point of getting more information about location of the lanes when I'm back in the office.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by knoebelsPT
Maybe I have been too jetlagged to notice it, but does ORD have a dedicated GE customs line? Are they going to add one to work with the mobile app?
I haven't noticed it yet either. GE at ORD works well for immigration, but bottlenecks at customs.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by dakuda
I haven't noticed it yet either. GE at ORD works well for immigration, but bottlenecks at customs.
IME, it pays to check both exits, if they're open. Lines on one side are often significantly shorter than the other, for whatever reason.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 5:06 pm

Does anybody have any recent experience in using this? I just downloaded the app and saw mostly bad, and one good review on using this. Comments appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.