Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Old Feb 15, 19, 8:30 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
I don't get it either. United does it for Madison. It's terrible having to connect to a bus or transfer at ORD. I've brought that up many times with Southwest. SFO, where i live is a major business destination. It doesn't make any sense
Old Mar 15, 19, 11:30 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Originally Posted by dhuey View Post
Aw. I liked “General Billy Mitchell Field.” I also wish that airports that have very little international traffic would drop the international in their name. Part of the appeal of smallish airports like MKE is that they are not like the major international airports.
I still call it that. "Mitchell Field."
dhuey likes this.
Old May 17, 19, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Looks like Southwest will resume its seasonal SFO-MKE nonstop service in a few weeks. I remain surprised that no airline is putting a regional jet on this route, year-round.
Old Jul 6, 19, 2:01 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Not wanting to start another thread...Do airport hotel shuttles just do a continuous loop between the hotel and airport, or do we need to call for pick up once we arrive? we are staying at Super 8....Also, the airport train station looks like quite a distance from the main terminal - is Uber/taxi the best option to get from hotel to train station?
Old Jul 6, 19, 2:17 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay:Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive:National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brenrox View Post
Not wanting to start another thread...Do airport hotel shuttles just do a continuous loop between the hotel and airport, or do we need to call for pick up once we arrive? we are staying at Super 8....Also, the airport train station looks like quite a distance from the main terminal - is Uber/taxi the best option to get from hotel to train station?
I'm not certain about the Super 8, or any other hotel. I'd suggest calling them to inquire. There is a continuously running shuttle to get to the Amtrak station (and nearby remote parking): https://www.mitchellairport.com/park...transportation
Old Jul 11, 19, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by BTA View Post
I'm not certain about the Super 8, or any other hotel. I'd suggest calling them to inquire. There is a continuously running shuttle to get to the Amtrak station (and nearby remote parking): https://www.mitchellairport.com/park...transportation
Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately living in New Zealand it makes it hard/expensive to call. Still waiting for them to email me back....
Old Jul 12, 19, 1:05 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by brenrox View Post
You need to call the hotel shuttles. I kept a card for a number of years but it's finally been thrown out since it's not likely to ever be of use again. It's basically one property company that owns 5-6 hotels so the shuttle is shared. Super 8 definitely was one of them.

I'd guess the shuttle will be happy to take you to train station but if not, definitely shuttle to airport, then shuttle to train station, will be free and easy. A taxi will likely be a crazy price for such a short distance.
brenrox likes this.
Old Jul 12, 19, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by MKE-MR View Post
You need to call the hotel shuttles. I kept a card for a number of years but it's finally been thrown out since it's not likely to ever be of use again. It's basically one property company that owns 5-6 hotels so the shuttle is shared. Super 8 definitely was one of them.

I'd guess the shuttle will be happy to take you to train station but if not, definitely shuttle to airport, then shuttle to train station, will be free and easy. A taxi will likely be a crazy price for such a short distance.
Thank you sir, great intel!