Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to the Milwaukee Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
I don't get it either. United does it for Madison. It's terrible having to connect to a bus or transfer at ORD. I've brought that up many times with Southwest. SFO, where i live is a major business destination. It doesn't make any sense
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Originally Posted by dhuey
Aw. I liked “General Billy Mitchell Field.” I also wish that airports that have very little international traffic would drop the international in their name. Part of the appeal of smallish airports like MKE is that they are not like the major international airports.
I still call it that. "Mitchell Field."
dhuey likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Looks like Southwest will resume its seasonal SFO-MKE nonstop service in a few weeks. I remain surprised that no airline is putting a regional jet on this route, year-round.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Not wanting to start another thread...Do airport hotel shuttles just do a continuous loop between the hotel and airport, or do we need to call for pick up once we arrive? we are staying at Super 8....Also, the airport train station looks like quite a distance from the main terminal - is Uber/taxi the best option to get from hotel to train station?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 2:17 pm
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brenrox
Not wanting to start another thread...Do airport hotel shuttles just do a continuous loop between the hotel and airport, or do we need to call for pick up once we arrive? we are staying at Super 8....Also, the airport train station looks like quite a distance from the main terminal - is Uber/taxi the best option to get from hotel to train station?
I'm not certain about the Super 8, or any other hotel. I'd suggest calling them to inquire. There is a continuously running shuttle to get to the Amtrak station (and nearby remote parking): https://www.mitchellairport.com/park...transportation
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by BTA
I'm not certain about the Super 8, or any other hotel. I'd suggest calling them to inquire. There is a continuously running shuttle to get to the Amtrak station (and nearby remote parking): https://www.mitchellairport.com/park...transportation
Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately living in New Zealand it makes it hard/expensive to call. Still waiting for them to email me back....
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by brenrox
You need to call the hotel shuttles. I kept a card for a number of years but it's finally been thrown out since it's not likely to ever be of use again. It's basically one property company that owns 5-6 hotels so the shuttle is shared. Super 8 definitely was one of them.

I'd guess the shuttle will be happy to take you to train station but if not, definitely shuttle to airport, then shuttle to train station, will be free and easy. A taxi will likely be a crazy price for such a short distance.
brenrox likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
You need to call the hotel shuttles. I kept a card for a number of years but it's finally been thrown out since it's not likely to ever be of use again. It's basically one property company that owns 5-6 hotels so the shuttle is shared. Super 8 definitely was one of them.

I'd guess the shuttle will be happy to take you to train station but if not, definitely shuttle to airport, then shuttle to train station, will be free and easy. A taxi will likely be a crazy price for such a short distance.
Thank you sir, great intel!
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:34 am

Midwest Express (new entity) plans on flight service by end of 2019

Midwest Express taps Maine-based Elite Airways to assist in comeback bid - WTMJhttp://www.wtmj.com/news/midwest-express-taps-maine-based-e . . .

https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauke...ine-based.html

Last edited by mke9499; Aug 6, 2019 at 9:48 am
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:28 am

Seems like the smart business move would be to serve small markets that currently have no nonstop service from MKE. Business travelers would probably pay a significant premium to avoid a connection through ORD or DTW.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Saw that MKE-BOS is one of a handful of routes WN is dropping due to the ongoing MAX grounding.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Milwaukee will have no non-stop flights to California in 2020

southwest is ending flights to Los Angeles in January. It’s shocking. Will united pick it up? They could easily add a rj on the route like the do with Madison
Old Aug 24, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by Tim34
southwest is ending flights to Los Angeles in January. It’s shocking. Will united pick it up? They could easily add a rj on the route like the do with Madison
I just realized this from searching. I didn’t see WN announce that MKE-LAX was being fully discontinued...perhaps just a seasonal reduction?

I see DL as far more likely to pick this up than UA.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Tim34
What is the deal? I just book a nonstop for my daughter from Hartford, CT to LAX on AA. Not a single California nonstop from MKE -- not even on a regional jet?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:13 pm

How strange that the next time I go back to Milwaukee, I might choose to fly from SFO to Madison and drive, because that's the best nonstop there is from here. Back in the day, Madison was a dinky airport with nothing more than some puddle-jumpers to nearby hubs. MKE had nonstop service everywhere, thanks to Midwest Express. Oh how far the pendulum has swung in the other direction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.