Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Midwest Airlines Midwest Miles (Pre-Alignment)
Reload this Page >

Can the NW/TPG deal close in the current environment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can the NW/TPG deal close in the current environment?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by YX802
Who would I have to engage in spirited discussion if not for you?

Tim's record speaks for itself. Leonard bankrupted Eastern airlines many years ago, and Soprano was fired by NWA. It's all on the record.
You should check some facts. There was a guy named Lorenzo who was CEO of Eastern and he ran Eastern to the ground as well as the IAM and ALPA.

As far as Bob Fornaro(not Saprano, sounds like you something against Italians) was never fired from NWA but you beloved timmy was and guess who
was the one who fired him. You guessed it Leonard. Nice try though.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:50 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by rumorboy
you beloved timmy was and guess who
I am trying to stay out of the mud slinging but I didn't know about this little tidbit. If true, I learned something new today.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by rumorboy
As far as Bob Fornaro(not Saprano, sounds like you something against Italians) was never fired from NWA but you beloved timmy was and guess who
Is this really true?

Hoeksema worked for Kimberly Clark prior to becoming president of Midwest Express. He joined Kimberly Clark in 1969 as a first officer in the air transportation department. Five years later, he was promoted to chief pilot and then to director in 1977. In 1983, he became president of Midwest Express.

He's currently 61. That means for nearly 40 years he's been with KC or YX. Before then he was in school. When did he work for Northwest? What position did he hold?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:01 pm

Programs: YX
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
Is this really true?

Hoeksema worked for Kimberly Clark prior to becoming president of Midwest Express. He joined Kimberly Clark in 1969 as a first officer in the air transportation department. Five years later, he was promoted to chief pilot and then to director in 1977. In 1983, he became president of Midwest Express.

He's currently 61. That means for nearly 40 years he's been with KC or YX. Before then he was in school. When did he work for Northwest? What position did he hold?
You are correct, Tim never worked at NWA. He spent his entire career at Kimberly Clark, then on to Midwest Express.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:14 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
Is this really true?

Blue is right... here is the link to his Bio.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....ovBio&ID=15316
Old Jan 14, 2008, 8:54 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
All the AirTran supporters need to deal with the reality you LOST the hostile takeover attempt. Just suck it up and move forward building a "world class low fare airline" as Joe Leonard planned.
Lets just not talk about Airtran anymore. Your obsessing over this more than anyone else. All I am suggesting is that we keep the discussion at a non personal level. Let's try not and attack individuals. I love a spirited discussion but lets keep it more engaging and less confrontational.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Tim34
Lets just not talk about Airtran anymore. Your obsessing over this more than anyone else. All I am suggesting is that we keep the discussion at a non personal level. Let's try not and attack individuals. I love a spirited discussion but lets keep it more engaging and less confrontational.
I couldn't agree more. I have no stake in this battle, although I really hope that someone -- anyone -- offers more nonstop service from SFO to MKE. My interest in this is based on how it is, well, interesting.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 8:58 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by dhuey
I couldn't agree more. I have no stake in this battle, although I really hope that someone -- anyone -- offers more nonstop service from SFO to MKE. My interest in this is based on how it is, well, interesting.
Yeah, Midwest has not announced that that service will be back in 2008. I heard that their were a lot of problems with that route (meaning delays). You'd think MKE-SFO would be profitable. The bay area is both a leisure destination and a business destination. It is home to 7 million people. Maybe Skybus would do MKE-OAK or VA MKE-SFO who knows. United would never ever do MKE-SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.