Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fall schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2007, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Fall schedule changes

Midwest has loaded a few schedule changes that take place between September and October. Among the highlights:

1) MKE-DEN goes back to Signature Service.
2) MKE-PIT becomes an all CRJ route
3) MKE-PHL gets a fifth daily flight (3x with CRJ, 2x with 717)
4) MKE-OMA gets a fith daily flight (2x with CRJ, 2x with 717, 1x with FRJ)

Come October, all of the SkyWest regional jets will be in scheduled service (one is kept as a spare in MKE). No word if Midwest will exercise its option and place an additional 10 planes into service.

There is still some slack in the mainline schedule and it remains to be seen if any additional routes will be added later this year.

Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers and perhaps Orlando will all see more seasonal flights later this year as well.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 3:59 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
Midwest has loaded a few schedule changes that take place between September and October. Among the highlights:

1) MKE-DEN goes back to Signature Service.
2) MKE-PIT becomes an all CRJ route
3) MKE-PHL gets a fifth daily flight (3x with CRJ, 2x with 717)
4) MKE-OMA gets a fith daily flight (2x with CRJ, 2x with 717, 1x with FRJ)

Come October, all of the SkyWest regional jets will be in scheduled service (one is kept as a spare in MKE). No word if Midwest will exercise its option and place an additional 10 planes into service.

There is still some slack in the mainline schedule and it remains to be seen if any additional routes will be added later this year.

Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers and perhaps Orlando will all see more seasonal flights later this year as well.
Any word on MKE-SFO? It seems to be doing well. I wonder if they will keep it year round?

They should also add MKE-SAN

Last edited by Tim34; Aug 26, 2007 at 4:10 pm Reason: Because I can
Old Aug 26, 2007, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tim34
Any word on MKE-SFO? It seems to be doing well. I wonder if they will keep it year round?

They should also add MKE-SAN
As of right now, MKE-SFO end on October 31st. There's still time for Midwest to announce that they will keep it year-round, but I think that's unlikely to happen (at least this year).

I'm sure we'll see MKE-SAN at some point as well, but probably not this year.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 6:57 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
As of right now, MKE-SFO end on October 31st. There's still time for Midwest to announce that they will keep it year-round, but I think that's unlikely to happen (at least this year).

I'm sure we'll see MKE-SAN at some point as well, but probably not this year.
Then maybe try MKE-JAX, MKE-MSY and MKE-MIA for the winter season. YX probably doesn't have the A/C for it. But why not something like MKE-TPA-MIA Service? Those type of routes could work.

Last edited by flyYX; Aug 26, 2007 at 6:57 pm Reason: grammar
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyYX
Then maybe try MKE-JAX, MKE-MSY and MKE-MIA for the winter season. YX probably doesn't have the A/C for it. But why not something like MKE-TPA-MIA Service? Those type of routes could work.
Personally, I'd like to see Midwest bring back MKE-MIA. However, I wonder if they feel MIA would siphon away too much traffic from FLL?

Routes like MKE-TPA-MIA really wouldn't be a good use of Midwest's limited resources. There is already enough demand to fill the planes to TPA on a regular basis. If they added the MIA tag-on that you made reference to, Midwest would have to dedicate a certain number of seats to the MKE-MIA passengers, which would depress yields in an already low fare leisure market. Plus, most TPA-MIA passengers are probably already loyal to American or Delta, so it would be difficult for Midwest to pick-up a lot of additional passengers in TPA.

Tag-ons can work well on international flights, but usually aren't worth the time or effort domestically.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 8:35 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Personally, I'd like to see Midwest bring back MKE-MIA. However, I wonder if they feel MIA would siphon away too much traffic from FLL?
I use to live in the Ft. Lauderdale area and MIA was only about a 30-45 minute drive away. FLL was my preferred airport but MIA was a great alternative. I've been away from South Florida for 11 years, but my guess is I-95, I-75 and the Florida Turnpike gridlock isn't any better since then. So it is hard to say if MIA would siphon traffic away from FLL. I also think with all the baby boomers starting to winter in warmer climates during the winter months that PBI should be considered as a seasonal route.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 6:39 am

Mci-tpa

I would love to see this come back as a direct flight. It was always full when we took it - of course winter is the only time we go back and forth at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.