Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help needed! Abu Dhabi Hotel for November!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help needed! Abu Dhabi Hotel for November!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2006, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Help needed! Abu Dhabi Hotel for November!

Hello! I am trying to book a hotel for only one night in or around Abu Dhabi for one night in November 5th-6th.

Everything is either fully booked or is extremely expensive! Does anyone have any suggestions on a hotel in or around Abu Dhabi???

I was unaware of the "exhibition month" in Abu Dhabi during November!!

Please help!!
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
What about staying in Al Ain which is a city next to Abu Dhabi.
The 5 star Hilton is pricing at 58 per night compared to 200 for a room in Abu Dhabi.

The downside is that Al Ain is some distance from Abu Dhabi but even with a taxi it would probably work out cheaper especially if you use Al Ain as your base and you only need to travel to/from your hotel to Abu Dhabi in the morning and then back in the evening.

It should cost less than 200 UAE Dirhams as it cost me that much to go from Abu Dhabi airport to Dubai (it was significantly cheaper to fly into Abu Dhabi and take a taxi then it was to flying into Dubai).

I know this suggestion sounds silly but I can't think of any other ideas.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Yeah, Al-Ain is about 90 minutes away. You might as well stay in Dubai, which is no farther. In fact, the Courtyard by Marriott Green Community is in the Jebel Ali area -- the Abu Dhabi end (I guess the west end) of Dubai, just off Emirates Road. It's about an hour drive to Abu Dhabi, pretty much avoids the Dubai traffic, and it's a very nice property.

I think that there's an airport hotel at AUH, too, but I don't know anything about it. Have you tried the "residences" that are also hotels, like the Hilton Corniche and Hilton Baynunah? They're mediocre, but cheap. How about the InterContinental? It is set to re-open at some point this month.

Besides that, I can't think of anything. Abu Dhabi has many nice hotels, but I can see how the supply would be short.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 3:00 am

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Originally Posted by mecabq
How about the InterContinental? It is set to re-open at some point this month.
The IC will re-open by the end of Dec

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.