Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Ipod and PSP in Riyadh, Saudi, Am I allowed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2006, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA, AC, HH, PC

Hi all

I will be in Saudi this Sunday and I’m wondering if it’s legal to bring my IPOD loaded of MP3 and my PSP (portable playstation) with some games. I heard no entertainment is allowed. Any experience?

thanks
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:25 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wakemania
Hi all

I will be in Saudi this Sunday and I’m wondering if it’s legal to bring my IPOD loaded of MP3 and my PSP (portable playstation) with some games. I heard no entertainment is allowed. Any experience?

thanks
I might suggest www.fodors.com ...

(I have no idea of the answer, nor have I even looked at the fodors info on Saudi, but it has been useful for similiar answers about other countries.)
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by wakemania
Hi all

thanks
iPods/MP3 players and the PSP shouldn't cause any issue as long as the media you have loaded on them or with you doesn't catch the Saudi authorities' eyes. If the boxes/covers/media have images that they deem "revealing"/"obscene", then it may be confiscated; otherwise it won't be an issue at all. (Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition -- even if a cartoon image -- and things such as that won't be acceptable to the Saudi authorities, so keep that in mind.)
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have taken an iPod in a couple of times without a problem. As GUWonder says, unless you do something to provoke interest (like a copy of Maxim or have 50DVD's in your bag) you will be fine.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:25 am

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
You can also call the Saudi Embassy in Ottawa and ask them. Someone from the Conselor should be able to provide you with a fairly definitive answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.