Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

just curious--who racks up the most miles out of TLV?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

who is the absolute biggest miler out of TLV? (or into?) are you a close runner-up? do you all recognize one another? what do you do and how do you manage to stay awake on either end?
Old Apr 26, 2006, 12:40 am

Omni?
Old Apr 29, 2006, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
The guy we bought our house from worked for CBN and used TLV as his base for flights - averaged about 2 r/t's per month over a 5 - 6 year period. He left that job a few years ago in order to spend more time at home with the family.
Old May 4, 2006, 2:41 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
There are several people that fly out of TLV on Sunday and land back on Friday.

Personally I average 1.5 r/t per month and recognize several faces but have never spoken to these folks.
Old May 4, 2006, 4:48 pm

I heard that during the dot-com boom there were quite a few folks who commuted every week from TLV to the NYC area.
Old May 11, 2006, 2:28 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, ET Gold, M&M FTL, UA Silver, EY Silver, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
There are still a lot of commuters around. I am a semi-commuter in that while I travel a lot for a firm based in the US, my home office is my base. I have a lot of friends who go back and forth. One is a doctor - he works 9 days/month in the US as an Emergency Physician and the rest of the time he spends home with his wife and kids... not to shabby at all! The town I live in purported has 15% commuters. I suspect Raanana has a high number as well.
Old May 13, 2006, 7:14 am

for 3 years I used to fly out of TLV every sunday 5 am on lh to mumbai via frankfurt and come back on friday afternoon - 48 trips a year, plus 2-3 trips a week in india, and 1-2 trips in other asian cities every month. a couple of times the head of lh israel told me I was number 2 for Lh in israel.

at the time, I recognized a lot of faces of ff in the lounges, and I would also run into people I knew in the lounges in frankfurt

I would say it has to the asian sales managers for comverse, amdocs, checkpoint or teva today with the most ff miles.
Old May 14, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
Is it amdocs that has a facility in Cyprus or Greece and has a large number of staff flying out in the morning, back in the evening?
Old May 14, 2006, 11:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by runningshoes
Is it amdocs that has a facility in Cyprus or Greece and has a large number of staff flying out in the morning, back in the evening?
Amdocs Cyprus seemed to have a lot doing something similar, but that's short-haul. There is "Amdocs India" -- well not really -- staff on the BOM-TLV flight that may cover more distance in a week than Amdocs Cyprus in a week.
Old May 14, 2006, 11:54 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Amdocs Cyprus seemed to have a lot doing something similar, but that's short-haul. There is "Amdocs India" -- well not really -- staff on the BOM-TLV flight that may cover more distance in a week than Amdocs Cyprus in a week.
There are definitely some people working at Amdocs India that are back in Israel every weekend. As that flight goes down around Saudi Arabia it is longer than a straight line flight would be.

When Amdocs started the Cypus facility they had private plane daily flights SDV-LCA-SDV for Amdocs staff. IIRC they were 4-8 passenger planes.
Old May 14, 2006, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yosithezet
There are definitely some people working at Amdocs India that are back in Israel every weekend. As that flight goes down around Saudi Arabia it is longer than a straight line flight would be.

When Amdocs started the Cypus facility they had private plane daily flights SDV-LCA-SDV for Amdocs staff. IIRC they were 4-8 passenger planes.
If that LY flight is credited to another FF program, it only earns the more direct mileage, right?
Old May 16, 2006, 12:39 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, ET Gold, M&M FTL, UA Silver, EY Silver, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Last LH flight into TLV I noticed that there was a guy carring a sign right off the jetway with a list of 6 HON members - I think two were Hebrew names... (For HON you need 600,000 miles over 2 years...)
Old May 16, 2006, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by amenachem
Last LH flight into TLV I noticed that there was a guy carring a sign right off the jetway with a list of 6 HON members - I think two were Hebrew names... (For HON you need 600,000 miles over 2 years...)
Or 100k-150k each year for two years if travel is in first/business, right? If that's all, there has to be more. (Of course an LH HON could be doing well more than the minimum for HON.)
Old May 17, 2006, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by amenachem
I saw on the LH board that there are around 75 HON's in Israel (which I think is quite a lot given the population!)
Old May 18, 2006, 7:14 am
mag

Programs: LH M&M, FTL / *S
Originally Posted by 2035
I saw on the LH board that there are around 75 HON's in Israel (which I think is quite a lot given the population!)
it is, 2035, do you have a source for this? (i.e. thread?)
thank you.

edited: i used the search function again and found the post by shofar, saying 75 HONs and 7000+ SENs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.