Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Nice upscale restaurant for an 8 hour layover in Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

My daughter and husband will have an 8 hour and 50 minutes layover in Dubai on Wednesday night. They're coming back from their honeymoon in Tanzania and will be going back to JFK. My son - in -law has never been to Dubai, my daughter has. She would like for them to go a very nice, romantic and memorable restaurant while they're there. Someone suggested the restaurant at the top of the Burj hotel - however, it has no availability. Also, I don't know how far it is from the airport. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
Dubai just got its Michelin guide in June so that would be a good starting point for your search. In general the upscale restaurants I've visited here tend to be more party / entertainment-oriented as opposed to the more formal places you'd find in Europe (for eg. Amazonico, Mimi Kakushi, Coya, Gaia, etc.).

You also have the UAE branches of Zuma, Cipriani and Il Ristorante by Niko Romito (both the Milan and Dubai locations are Michelin-starred and are in their city's respective Bulgari hotels).

Such restaurants tend to either be in the five-star hotels or in DIFC (DIFC being quite close to the airport). If looking for something nice but more regional, there's Ninive in the Emirates Towers which serves a pan Middle-eastern / North African menu and Orfali Bros which does excellent, innovative Middle-Eastern fusion but is mostly casual.

Ro
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
One recommendation..pierchic..it's at the end of a pier jutting out into the gulf with great views of the burj at night it is in a nice resort a very scenic setting
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
L'atelier de Joël Robuchon. Very cheap at lunch and lovely food

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.