Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Egypt Visa: E-Visa but for business purpose?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN

I can apply through the e-Visa Portal, but apparently there are only tourist visas accoprding to their FAQ section. I will be there mainly for business, customer meetings, exhibtions and similar things. Is this allowed or will that be a problem? I had issues in the past with other countries that tourist visa and my luggage with demo equipment for business was not matching....
What is your experience with that?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Wombelero
I can apply through the e-Visa Portal, but apparently there are only tourist visas accoprding to their FAQ section. I will be there mainly for business, customer meetings, exhibtions and similar things. Is this allowed or will that be a problem? I had issues in the past with other countries that tourist visa and my luggage with demo equipment for business was not matching....
What is your experience with that?
I can't answer you question directly - but I hate to see unanswered posts!

When I visit Egypt, or anywhere else, for meetings, conferences or presentations I've never used a business visa. Yes, I'm prepared to dissemble to avoid hassle and save money, Lord help me! But I comfort myself that under most definitions, even those travelling on business are classified as tourists

Maybe i'm being careless. Indonesia is the only place i was challenged in any way, but that was because at that time free visas on arrival were given only to tourists.

Demo equipment throws a potential spanner in the works, but customs usually works (on the surface) independently of immigration.

But if others are paying for the trip I'd be tempted to throw cash at the problem and contract a visa agency to do the visa-arranging leg work for me. There again, knowing Egypt, if problems arise at the airport i'm sure a solution will be found: it just might involve money too.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Jul 22, 2022 at 4:39 am
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Thank you , it's also my experience you can get a visa directly at the airport and probably no one cares as to the reason for travel.
I guess this is what I will do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.