Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Travel restrictions and cancelled flights - Israel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel restrictions and cancelled flights - Israel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: United Airlines
I do understand the need for a 14 day quarantine, if one stays in the country, but surely if one is leaving them the 14 day quarantine does not apply?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by IanJoseph
I do understand the need for a 14 day quarantine, if one stays in the country, but surely if one is leaving them the 14 day quarantine does not apply?
If you are already in quarantine, you're obviously not allowed to leave the place you're staying at and catch a flight where you could potentially infect a large number of people.
https://govextra.gov.il/ministry-of-...ome-isolation/
Leaving Israel before completion of the 14-day isolation period

You may be allowed to leave Israel prior to completing the 14-day isolation period, given unusual circumstances. The District Physician of the residential area where you entered isolation must issue a written permission. The document must be presented at the airport prior to departure. You must call the Ministry of Health Hotline *5400 to apply.
My only suggestion would be to contact the ministry of health (contact details at the bottom of the link) and enquire whether air-side transfer will be allowed
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IanJoseph

Off UAs site:

Israel: Travel restrictions

Travelers are not allowed to enter and transit. This doesn’t apply to nationals or residents of Israel.

Travelers are subject to quarantine for 14 days and must present a completed Health Declaration Form upon arrival.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 6:53 am

Any info on the 'green passport"? What has been confirmed about intl travel post 2nd dose?
Old Feb 10, 2021, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
Any info on the 'green passport"? What has been confirmed about intl travel post 2nd dose?
Nothing yet, I would not count on it soon.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by David1234d
Nothing yet, I would not count on it soon.
So maybe its a load of whatever, just to encourage people to vaccinate. So then, when there is 70% vaccinated, probably anyone could travel freely in and out due to herd immunity. a vaccination passport would only be useful for now, short-term, until most of the population is vaccinated. so any 'passport' doesn't seem helpful... unless I'm wrong somewhere...
Old Feb 10, 2021, 8:09 am

Nothing is confirmed, even when it is, it changes a couple of times. I would not order a flight until Natbag has been fully operational for at least a couple weeks.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I read today almost 50% of population is vaccinated. Nice work! Hopefully we will soon see more movement towards more tourism
friedablass likes this.

Last edited by Boraxo; Feb 19, 2021 at 10:54 am
Old Feb 18, 2021, 11:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I read today almost 50% of population is vaccinated. Nice work! Hopefully we will soon see more Venn ENT towards more tourism
Wow, excellent news!

May I ask what Venn ENT means?
ajGoes likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by friedablass
Wow, excellent news!

May I ask what Venn ENT means?
Sorry, typo. now fixed
friedablass likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2021, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Sorry, typo. now fixed
Any talk of when they will reopen entry to foreigners and what the guidelines will be?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:10 am

Any talk of when they will reopen entry to foreigners and what the guidelines will be?
Not expected for a long time. What i really don't get it that the government have opened certain things for vaccinated peoples, including segregated domestic flights. But for Int'l NOTHING!! even for people vaccinated in Israel (which is easy to verify, as opposed to vaccinations abroad)

and reports are saying possiby that the airport closure may be extended longer , until mid-april
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
Not expected for a long time. What i really don't get it that the government have opened certain things for vaccinated peoples, including segregated domestic flights. But for Int'l NOTHING!! even for people vaccinated in Israel (which is easy to verify, as opposed to vaccinations abroad)

and reports are saying possiby that the airport closure may be extended longer , until mid-april
My personal speculation is that many of the more hardline lockdown countries will need to see several countries achieve significant majorities vaccinated (both shots, where applicable) and have large reductions in infection rates before they start opening up. And then it may be on a country by country basis where you will have to show your country's vaccination certificate as well as a negative PCR test in the last 72 hours before being able to board a flight. Again just my personal speculation.

I don't see the above happening for several months (at the earliest).
Old Feb 24, 2021, 5:42 pm

I very strongly believe that if they would allow fully vaccinated foreigners to come it would be a very strong incentive for many people who would have otherwise not vaccinated to do so. I know Israel might night care about getting non Israelis to agree to take the vaccine, but it will be a huge boon to their economy if vaccinated tourists can return.

I also don't see why they can't do something like proof of antibodies plus PCR 72 hours prior to flight plus another PCR on arrival. I would personally have no issue with it and I know plenty of others who wouldn't either.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 3:37 am

I very strongly believe that if they would allow fully vaccinated foreigners to come it would be a very strong incentive for many people who would have otherwise not vaccinated to do so.
+1

I also don't see why they can't do something like proof of antibodies plus PCR 72 hours prior to flight plus another PCR on arrival. I would personally have no issue with it and I know plenty of others who wouldn't either.
Not easy to enforce. Unless they do think it is worth the effort to open tourism economy which it def is. Just need to work out a verification program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.