Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Travel restrictions and cancelled flights - Israel

Travel restrictions and cancelled flights - Israel

Old Jun 29, 20, 3:13 pm

Programs: United Airlines
I do understand the need for a 14 day quarantine, if one stays in the country, but surely if one is leaving them the 14 day quarantine does not apply?
Old Jun 30, 20, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by IanJoseph View Post
I do understand the need for a 14 day quarantine, if one stays in the country, but surely if one is leaving them the 14 day quarantine does not apply?
If you are already in quarantine, you're obviously not allowed to leave the place you're staying at and catch a flight where you could potentially infect a large number of people.
https://govextra.gov.il/ministry-of-...ome-isolation/
Leaving Israel before completion of the 14-day isolation period

You may be allowed to leave Israel prior to completing the 14-day isolation period, given unusual circumstances. The District Physician of the residential area where you entered isolation must issue a written permission. The document must be presented at the airport prior to departure. You must call the Ministry of Health Hotline *5400 to apply.
My only suggestion would be to contact the ministry of health (contact details at the bottom of the link) and enquire whether air-side transfer will be allowed
Old Jul 7, 20, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IanJoseph View Post

Off UAs site:

Israel: Travel restrictions

Travelers are not allowed to enter and transit. This doesn’t apply to nationals or residents of Israel.

Travelers are subject to quarantine for 14 days and must present a completed Health Declaration Form upon arrival.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: