Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cairo airport terminals

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Cairo airport terminals

I can't seem to find reliable, updated information: which airline is in which terminal at CAI?

I know that Star is in Terminal 3; but which airlines have already moved from 1 to 2? And how are the airside transfers between Terminal 2 and 3 handled?

Shuly
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shuly
I can't seem to find reliable, updated information: which airline is in which terminal at CAI?

I know that Star is in Terminal 3; but which airlines have already moved from 1 to 2? And how are the airside transfers between Terminal 2 and 3 handled?

Shuly
Bump. Anyone?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Although no experience of transiting T2/T3, I've done BA/QR/RJ/ME connections @T2,, often including an overnight LM CAI stay. You see pax with BPs and luggage on carts walking across the rather busy street between T2 & 3.

Have you tried the airport webpage?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onobond
Have you tried the airport webpage?
Of course I have. It's totally useless. E.g., "Terminal 2 will be closed until 2013 for complete renovation."

So terminal 2 is walking distance from terminal 3? And transfer within terminal 2 was smooth?

Shuly
ps107 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Of course I have. It's totally useless. E.g., "Terminal 2 will be closed until 2013 for complete renovation."

So terminal 2 is walking distance from terminal 3? And transfer within terminal 2 was smooth?

Shuly
Transfers within terminals are straightforward. Transfers between terminals are best handled airside, avoiding the cost and faff of entering Egypt then going through an unnecessary departure process in the other terminal.

Just head for the transfer desk.

It's a major world hub airport. Thousands transfer through it every day.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It's a major world hub airport. Thousands transfer through it every day.
And yet I can't figure out which airline uses which terminal. In fact, I can't even figure out where Terminal 2 is, because no updated airport maps are available. The airport web site doesn't even list arrival and departure times. Quite amazing.

Shuly
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And yet I can't figure out which airline uses which terminal. ...

Shuly

To be fair, I think you had it figured out a couple of posts' back. T3 is Star, T2 any other airline you're likely to use. Whichever terminal you arrive at hoping to connect to another flight, the drill is the same: present yourself at the transfer desk.

Egypt doesn't shine at promulgating consumer/customer information. No idea why that it, but it is as it is. Frustrating.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:23 am
Original Poster

So Terminal 1 is no more? Great news!
Thanks a lot for the clarification,

Shuly
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So Terminal 1 is no more? Great news!
Thanks a lot for the clarification,

Shuly

I'd hesitate to say "no more"! I honestly don't know if some carriers remain there - but I'm pretty sure most major players are in T2.
I'll report back next week unless someone else can verify.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:13 pm

Are T2 and T3 connected airside? meaning, if i was flying out of T3 but wanted to use Saudia Alfursan in T2, can I do so without clearing security/passport control?
thanks
canadianhockey91 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by pafnyc
Are T2 and T3 connected airside? meaning, if i was flying out of T3 but wanted to use Saudia Alfursan in T2, can I do so without clearing security/passport control?
thanks
Wondering same thing. Have a Egypt air Int'l to Int'l connection but the T2 lounges look nicer. Any one know? thanks!

Last edited by canadianhockey91; Aug 28, 2019 at 5:43 pm
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
bump if anyone knows? thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.