Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is it possible for a US citizen to get a Saudi Arabian transit visa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it possible for a US citizen to get a Saudi Arabian transit visa?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rivlinm
flying SV was great however, once you get past the ground experience. My cabin crew was mostly foreign (asian) provided great service in Y. Quality meal, IFE, good seat in a clean plane.
I'm looking forward to experiencing Saudia. The three flights preceding my SV flights will be on AirAsia, so...

I found KSA only offers very high end food (for the govt/business types) or low cost fast food. They love fast food, specifically chicken in KSA! Not much in the middle...
Well, one thing I hope to do while in KSA is to eat at Al Baik. I'm a fast food type of guy myself, so I have no problem with that. My idea of fine dining is to order the Double Quarter Pounder.

I am going to be staying with a friend, so I'll have full accommodations by a local.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Update: I had a wonderful time in KSA. I stayed with an expat who has lived there for many years, so I didn't have to worry about things like going in the wrong doors at the restaurants! And I did have some Al Baik food. Fantastic! I very much enjoyed my time in KSA.

People were very friendly, including a couple guys in immigration when I entered the country. They told me they were glad I was visiting their country, and welcomed me to Saudi Arabia.

Flying on Saudia was pretty good. The service was average, but quite OK. Both flights were right on time.

I am already looking forward to my next visit.
scottpenderson and JimInOhio like this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by g289t
Update: I tried to get a transit visa but it was denied. I bought a ticket on Saudia Airlines with a 3 day layover in Jeddah. I actually called the Saudi Arabian consulate in New York City and asked about it. I was told that I could get a transit visa, and the rep told me what to send in. I did that, but my passport was returned with no visa. I called the consulate, and was told they don't issue transit visas. Whatever!

Anyway, I was able to get a business visa. It was expensive and quite a lot of hassle, but I have it. Now I'm free to come and go in the KSA for the next 5 years.

How did you get the business visa?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by samwise6222
OTOH, why am I even asking this? It's not like they are going to issue visas to a woman with a male guardian ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:44 am
Original Poster

I got it through a visa agency who took care of everything for me. Basically, I just filled out the Saudi visa application, and they took care of everything else. It wasn't cheap, but it was quite convenient. Actual immigration and customs at the Jeddah airport was very simple. Other than being fingerprinted and having a snapshot taken because it was my first time entering Saudi Arabia, it wasn't unlike entering Western Europe as an American.

OTOH, why am I even asking this? It's not like they are going to issue visas to a woman with a male guardian ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As a male I didn't have to think about this, but from what I've read in other places, women can get business visas and go to KSA even without a male guardian. Again, this is just anecdotal evidence. I have no solid proof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.