Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

E-Cig travel ... with 21 hours in Dubai.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Hi all.

My brother is bringing me some goodies from the US but he has a layover in dubai for 21 hours.

Just curious on the best packaging method for this.

My brother is bringing me all these parts "boxed" ... obviously i want myself in new pristine condition lol

Now. where would you pack the following:

Mod(ecig): carry-on or checked?
wicking Wire: carry-on or checked?
wicking Cotton: carry-on or checked?
Batteries: carry-on or checked?
EJuice: carry-on or checked?
Rda/Tank: carry-on or checked?

Now in regards to the Rda/Tank. this one has me starting in the face. if carry-on wont it trigger an alarm in the sonar machine being its "shape" is rather... well you know what i mean.
would it be better shipped checked?

what about dubai? lets say he puts some stuff in his carry on... what about entering dubai?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
e-cigs are illegal in the UAE, so if he passes customs there is the chance it will be confiscated. I might take the risk for a cheap, easily replaceable device, but not for what you describe.

For a connection of less than 24 hours his checked bags will stay with the airline.

Does he intend to leave the airport ? If yes, then he should pack this in his checked bags. If not, then he just needs to worry about the 100ml liquids limit in his carry on.

Security is not very strict here, but this is not something you'd want to take a risk with.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:39 am

If caught with e-cigarettes and it is determined that these are not for personal use (even if intended as a gift to you), the consequences can be very severe (imprisonment and deportation for drug smuggling).
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

less than 24 hours.
21 hours and 20 minutes layover. coming in via Emirates then going on Flydubai to baghdad.
He will exit the airport to roam around and browse.

we were instructed by a peer to leave items checked ...except for batteries if any. those have to go carryon.

imprisonment for what? its a gift. he's not selling it to me. i bought it with my money LOL

these laws have got to change... this is truly absurd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.