Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Connecting in Doha - flights from different airlines

Connecting in Doha - flights from different airlines

Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Question Connecting in Doha - flights from different airlines

Hi everyone,

I have a question that I didn't quite managed to get answered by browsing this forum so hopefully someone here can help.

I've got a nice offer on a flight DOH - BKK with Qatar Airlines and will probably be flying with a different airline (KLM or Emirates) into DOH since Qatar is expensive and doesn't fly direct from my city. In changing planes, I would need to pick up my luggages and check them in from the Qatar flight.

My question would be:
- Can Qatar (KLM/Emirates or the airport staff) check in these luggages for me so I dont have to go out of the transfer area?
- If I pick up my luggages and check them in for my next flight, do I need to pass security? In this case, Id need a visa and I don't qualify for visa on arrival

If both answers are no, is there any way to get around this without going to the embassy? Can I book a hotel for a night and have them secure me a visa?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by B0gdan
Hi everyone,

I have a question that I didn't quite managed to get answered by browsing this forum so hopefully someone here can help.

I've got a nice offer on a flight DOH - BKK with Qatar Airlines and will probably be flying with a different airline (KLM or Emirates) into DOH since Qatar is expensive and doesn't fly direct from my city. In changing planes, I would need to pick up my luggages and check them in from the Qatar flight.

My question would be:
- Can Qatar (KLM/Emirates or the airport staff) check in these luggages for me so I dont have to go out of the transfer area?
- If I pick up my luggages and check them in for my next flight, do I need to pass security? In this case, Id need a visa and I don't qualify for visa on arrival

If both answers are no, is there any way to get around this without going to the embassy? Can I book a hotel for a night and have them secure me a visa?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Perhaps this can assist? http://support.qatarairways.com/hc/e...iting-in-Doha-
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
Usually (based on experience in the old airport) the transfer desk will arrange it for you. I would assume this is still the case. I don't believe you will actually be able to pick your luggage unless you clear passport control, so you will definitely have to clear security then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.