Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Visa on Arrival - How often can one exit and re-enter Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Visa on Arrival - How often can one exit and re-enter Dubai

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 5:17 pm

transit visa?

My bride and I will be transiting AUH, arriving EY279 (MLE-AUH) and departing BA72 (AUH-LHR) a few hours later (23:10 -> 01:45 + 1d). We booked the entire itinerary through American, and their customer service is saying we need a visa to transit AUH. From reading Etihad's website, this seems to be incorrect information.

1. As US citizens, will we need a visa to transit AUH?

2. MLE is our origin. Will EY interline our bags with BA, or will we need to claim them and re-check?

Any other tips for a smooth transfer?

Thanks!
Old May 11, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: QR Gold/Gulf Air Gold/UA Gold
No you don't need a visa to transit in Abu Dhabi, and even if you did, as an American you will get it on arrival, but you don't.
You will need to go to the transfer desk in Abu Dhabi, and present your baggage tags so they can grab, tag, and route them for your onward journey (unless your origin tags them for the entire journey).
You should have no issues at all hopefully.
Congratulations and enjoy your trip.
Old May 11, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
I can't imagine any scenario in which a US passport holder would require a pre-arranged visa for a short transit, even if you had to go landside to retrieve and re-check your bags.

Both flights should arrive/depart from T1. It's very simple transit and there's a helpful video on the airport's website that explains the process. http://www.abudhabiairport.ae/englis...t-information/

The T1 lounges are a little old and unremarkable, but perfectly fine for a couple of hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.