Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Driver for a day in Jerusalem

Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, MM

I am looking for a driver for a Saturday to go from Jerusalem to Masada, the Dead Sea, Jericho, and Bethlehem. I don't need a guide, just a driver. I have hired an Arab taxi before, but have had to fight to go where I wanted, not to stores where they will get a kickback. Anyone know anyone?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL - DM, SPG - Plat
Originally Posted by FC flyer
I am looking for a driver for a Saturday to go from Jerusalem to Masada, the Dead Sea, Jericho, and Bethlehem. I don't need a guide, just a driver. I have hired an Arab taxi before, but have had to fight to go where I wanted, not to stores where they will get a kickback. Anyone know anyone?
I don't have anyone to recommend, but that's a seriously full day. You are basically seeing all of Israel on a Saturday. Have you visited these places before?
Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:36 am

You can't do all of that in one day. Israeli cars can't go into Jericho and Bethlehem. It is about a 90 minute drive to Massada and you require about 2 hours to tour it.
Abraham Tours runs a Dead Sea, Masada, Ein Gedi tour every Saturday. It is a transportation only tour, but there are audioguides at Massada.
http://abrahamtours.com/theme/israel-tours/
Old Jan 30, 2014, 9:20 am
Original Poster

It is a full day and I have done it before. I have been to Israel 10+ times, and do this day when I go with people who have never been there before. We will only be in Israel for 4 days, and need to make the most of each. It is a long, but fun day. I assume that I will need an Arab driver so we can get into Bethlehem and Jericho. I know I can do it with an Arab taxi, but want to avoid the hassle of it this time.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:20 pm

You are contradicting yourself.

You know you need an Arab driver to go to Bethlehem and Jericho, you know you can do it with an Arab taxi but want to "avoid the hassle" What are you proposing. You basically end up with an Israeli cab or an Arab cab. An Israeli cab can't do half of what you want, an Arab one can but you don't want an Arab one--there is no third choice!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:37 pm

Can an East Jerusalem Arab cab with Israeli license plates go into Jericho and Bethlehem? I don't think so, but I may be wrong.

Try contacting the Jerusalem Hotel, near the Damascus Gate. They have some good drivers they work with.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I have used a great driver/guide before, it might be worthwhile contacting him - Ariel Gabay:

http://tourwithariel.weebly.com/

I have recommended him to a lot of people and they have all been very happy. If you contact him tell him you got his name from Mark in Detroit - I get nothing but good karma.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

No contradiction here. I would like an Arab driver who can go to Bethlehem and Jericho, who is not the standard taxi driver trying to take you to all the spots from which he gets a kickback. Yes, an Arab taxi driver from Jerusalem can hit all the spots without issue. You get waived through all the checkpoints with no issue. Only issue is doing what you want, vs what they want for you.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Forgot to thank posters for the recommendations. I will try them, and will post the name and contact info if I find what I am looking for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.