Luxury in Egypt?

Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Aliance, One World
Luxury in Egypt?

Im Going on a trip to Sharm el Sheik or Hourghda in Egypt and I read the TRIP REPORT: FS Nile Plaza, Oberoi Zahra, FS Sharm, Evason Ma’In

Now Im trying to find out what I can do on my budget.

Unless I find some amazing deal, Ritz Carlton is about the max of what my budget can do, but after resting the tour rapport Im afraid Im paying a lot and getting less! Which is disappointing as I loved the Ritz Carlton in Dubai.

Oberoi in India was amazing but unfortunately a bit out of my price range right now as I'm bringing my teenage daughters and so we are 4 people going, not just my partner and I.

So I looked at some of the other resort options and I was hoping some of you might have some insight in how / where I get the most for my money.

I heard that the Moevenpic in Hurghada is almost better when Ritz Carlton and much more reasonable priced?

Hope someone can give me some hints?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FS sharm has had private condo rentals available in the past

what kind of budget in dollars/euros?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 16, 2013 at 10:52 am
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:54 am
Original Poster

My max is around 2770 US for 9 nights including breakfast for 4 people. Thats The price I can get the Ritz Carlton at and thats as much as I have.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:09 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

At that price point, I think there would be a much greater likelihood of a solid response from the folks in the FT dedicated Middle East forum, so I will move this thread there.

Thanks for posting,
RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Dec 16, 2013, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Im seeing that the intercontinental may also be with in my price range ... so I guess I need to know what you all think of that too ?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
The RC in sharm is awful hence why it's price is so low.

My own view is that sharm is the best place on the RS.

I think there are only 2 really worthwhile hotels.

Four seasons which is wonderful if you like FS. Very high standard but pricey.

Hyatt regency is my favourite place. The regency club is amazing and has the most incredible views.

Enjoy your travels
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:28 am
Community Director Emerita

Here is a 2011 report on the Hyatt Sharm el Sheikh.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post17707806

It is a massive resort hotel with a broad array of services. Personally, I like a more intimate hotel. However, we sent friends for their honeymoon as that is where they wanted to go. They had a suite with Regency Club access and loved it.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Foodieboy
Im seeing that the intercontinental may also be with in my price range ... so I guess I need to know what you all think of that too ?

iNTERCONTINENTALS are generally fine places to stay, but I'm assured they are a notch below Four Seasons et al. Cairo has two delightful Intercontinentals, the one close to the airport (Citystars) is modern and quite superb, but not close to anything touristy: the other is older, very comfortable but rather stuffy, and bang slap in the centre of things downtown.

Marsa Alam, on the |Red |Sea Coast below Hurghada has an extremely nice Intercontinental, though it lacks a club lounge.

Taba, too, is equipped with an Interconti, nice enough, but again without a club lounge: and Taba is a bit of a dump. Prices start at around $90++ a night: so excellent value!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:29 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
^
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Here is a 2011 report on the Hyatt Sharm el Sheikh.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...l#post17707806

It is a massive resort hotel with a broad array of services. Personally, I like a more intimate hotel. However, we sent friends for their honeymoon as that is where they wanted to go. They had a suite with Regency Club access and loved it.
^ spot on. Massive hotel with lots of facilities. I like the intimate and quiet side of the FS but the regency club at the hyatt is one of my favourite places on the planet. Sitting outside overlooking the Red Sea, perfect.

The suites are the best option and grouped around the club pool but may be out of price range.

The hyatt has good fun dining options too, the souk is great post regency club drinks. The thai restaurant is also very good quality.

I honestly don't think the RS has any better to offer than FS and the Hyatt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.