Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is it safe to go to Israel after Today events?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it safe to go to Israel after Today events?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2012, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by adampenrith

IanUk - I would be hesitant to travel to London because for as long as I can remember it has been a city targeted by terrorism, first the IRA and now the fundamentalist Muslims. The Underground bombing etc.

Just as I would not got to New York because planes fly into buildings there.

I often travel to Bali and lots of people say do not go there - bombs go off there

I think we should not tell other people what to do- but by all means explain the circumstances, and then let them make their minds up
You clearly weigh up benefits and risks and then make a decision to accept the risks, or not. Bali wins, London loses. We'll get over it .

If you are flying for business, to a family wedding, or the easy charms of Bali, the risk/benefit cards stack up differently to those for our OP - who appears to have been planning a family holiday in Israel. He/she sought advice on whether going ahead at this time was a good idea.

Advice was solicited and I responded: there wil be better, less volatile, times to visit Israel. Sound advice, I think, but certainly no general proscription on travel there!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Regardless, it's definitely safe now (well, as safe as any place can be). Come vist!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Regardless, it's definitely safe now (well, as safe as any place can be). Come vist!
I look forward to it very much one day -- Jerusalem and the Dead Sea in particular. I'll be sure to turn in any ancient scrolls I find over to the proper authorities.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by dhuey
I'll be sure to turn in any ancient scrolls I find over to the proper authorities.
First let me see them. I may have written them.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Dovster
First let me see them. I may have written them.
Give it up for Dovster, folks -- he'll be in Yiron all week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.