Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Transiting via different terminals in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

just wanted to ask whether I would encounter any problems transiting in Jeddah if I need to switch terminals. Will be flying in via Saudi Airlines and flying out via Turkish Airlines at a different terminal. From what I hear, it's not possible to get a tourist visa at all and given that both terminals are some distance apart, I understand you need to basically enter Saudi Arabia and take taxi from one terminal to the other, therefore would need a VISA.

TIA for all your help.

Waver.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:19 pm

Interesting case. To be honest I don't know the answer. But already connecting is somewhat uncommon in Jedda (find somebody with a key for the connecting door.).
But you might just get a special transfer - without entering the country. Maybe they give you a bus and drive you airside from one terminal to the other.
But that would be too simple...its Saudi Arabia. They will find a solution for that and most likely not a simple one.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by waver99
Hi all,

just wanted to ask whether I would encounter any problems transiting in Jeddah if I need to switch terminals. Will be flying in via Saudi Airlines and flying out via Turkish Airlines at a different terminal. From what I hear, it's not possible to get a tourist visa at all and given that both terminals are some distance apart, I understand you need to basically enter Saudi Arabia and take taxi from one terminal to the other, therefore would need a VISA.

TIA for all your help.

Waver.
I would call the Saudi embassy in your country of departure and depending on the answer you receive, be prepared to find a different routing. This recent thread is somewhat related to your case http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middl...abia-visa.html

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Nov 11, 2012 at 5:28 pm Reason: fixed language to clarify

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.