Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

one day tour of jerusalem from tel aviv

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Platinum, DL GM

I will be visiting Tel Aviv in 2 weeks (week of May 8th) for work. I am looking to take a one-day tour to Jerusalem. Does anyone have any advice for a good tour?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:27 am

Options available

Hi,

There are 3-4 main options:
1. Take a private guide. This is the best option and also the most expensive one.
2. Take a small group tour. Usually it is a minivan with up to 10 people. The tour will go nicer and faster compared to the regular group tour. The prices are a bit more than the regular group tour.
3. Take a regular group tour. This is the standard bus tour which among the three options so far, will be the cheapest.

Option 4 is to take the "me tour" which is you do the tour by yourself. If you like exploring by yourself with a guide book, than you can defiantly do that. It is pretty easy to find yourself in Jerusalem.

For the regular group tours the leading companies are: United Tours, Egged Tours, Bein Harim and rent-a-guide. Bein Harim and Rent-a-guide are also offering the small group tour.

For the private guide there some good guides and if you are staying in a 5 star hotel most likely that the Concierge will be able to assist you with picking up the suitable guide for you.

If you need my further assistance you are most welcome to contact me at [email protected]
Old Apr 27, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
To give you some ideas, take a look at the municipality of Jerusalem website.
There are a few "tours" links (run a search) - this is one of them.

http://www.jerusalem.muni.il/jer_sys...ather_id=36674

D.

Originally Posted by SleepPHL
I will be visiting Tel Aviv in 2 weeks (week of May 8th) for work. I am looking to take a one-day tour to Jerusalem. Does anyone have any advice for a good tour?
Old May 9, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: *A GOLD, EL AL PLATINUM, ONEWORLD*SAPPHIRE, ACCOR CLUB PLATINUM, Human Race Platinum for life
There is a light show in the Migdal David, can't remember the name.
Absolutely worth it!
Old May 18, 2011, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Just wondering whether anyone can recommend a private tour guide or an operator doing tours with a smaller group of people?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 18, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just wondering whether anyone can recommend a private tour guide or an operator doing tours with a smaller group of people?

Thanks in advance!
There are many kinds of tours to take in Jerusalem.

Jewish, Christian, Muslim, antiques, generic tourist?

What are you looking for?
Old May 19, 2011, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thumper
There are many kinds of tours to take in Jerusalem.

Jewish, Christian, Muslim, antiques, generic tourist?

What are you looking for?
Just a general introduction tour to Jerusalem for first time visitors (Old City and new City; donīt mind a Christian/Jewish perpesctive)
Old May 22, 2011, 12:00 am

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Just a general introduction tour to Jerusalem for first time visitors (Old City and new City; donīt mind a Christian/Jewish perpesctive)
Contact Jeff Abel, then thank me later (assuming he is not already booked for your date, of course).

http://www.tour-israel.biz/
Old Sep 1, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Can somebody tell me, would it be possible to find transport from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv on Friday late afternoon/evening?

Would there still be some sheruts around? Or taxi?
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Can somebody tell me, would it be possible to find transport from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv on Friday late afternoon/evening?

Would there still be some sheruts around? Or taxi?
A taxi will always be possible. As for sherut, you may find, but I'm not 100% sure about that. But that's more if it's fall/winter. Late afternoon in the summer, when Shabbat doesn't start until later, even now still, it shouldn't be a problem
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Thank you - looking forward to that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.