Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Tel Aviv-Dubai passport questions et al

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Hi all

It might be the wrong forum, but I guess someone here should know

I have a friend, that has to go to Dubai/AbuDhabi next week. He has a set of meetings after that in Tel Aviv. He found a ticket with turkish airlines Business Class from Abu Dhabi to Tel Aviv via Istanbul. He thinks, that they will make hin problems in Abu Dhabi, as he is traveling to Tel Aviv. Can he check in normally? Can he send luggage? He travels on a european passport

Please let me know what you think? He is all nervous and wants to buy two seperate tickets, that will cost him double

For a fast reply I would be grateful
Old Mar 10, 2011, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Absolutely not! They won't able do it. Because this is in middle eastern restrictions. LY cannot allowed to flying any Arabs country. Only where LY can flying Asian, EU, African and South/North American, too. LY doesn't have a fifth freedom traffic rights. I don't think you're allowed go to UAE and you can't have Israeli passports and you won't be in DXB or AUH. You could be denied entry into UAE.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by N830MH
Absolutely not! They won't able do it. Because this is in middle eastern restrictions. LY cannot allowed to flying any Arabs country. Only where LY can flying Asian, EU, African and South/North American, too. LY doesn't have a fifth freedom traffic rights. I don't think you're allowed go to UAE and you can't have Israeli passports and you won't be in DXB or AUH. You could be denied entry into UAE.
With respect N830MH, this is not what the OP asked so I think your answer is very confusing to them.

To the OP, having an Israeli passport stamp, or future travel to TLV should not be an issue though it is always extremely wise to simply check with the airlines involved for most up to date information. A colleague of mine just got back from both TLV and DXB using their US passport with numerous Israeli stamps and it was not a problem. There is also further discussion of this in the Middle East travel forum if you search.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

I am sorry if I was misunderstood.

I found out and confirmed, that entering Dubai with a foreign passport having israeli stamps in it, is no problem at all. United Arab emirates let people with israeli stamps come in.

My friend is more worried about the airport on the departure, if they can check him in to Tel Aviv straight when traveling through Istanbul and if the authorities can make issues as he is going to Tel Aviv, they might not like it, when its so obivious. Thats why he was considering buying 2 seperate tickets, one DXB-IST and a new one IST-TLV, so that they cant be connected
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by moebod
My friend is more worried about the airport on the departure, if they can check him in to Tel Aviv straight when traveling through Istanbul and if the authorities can make issues as he is going to Tel Aviv, they might not like it, when its so obivious.
Could he buy a ticket with a long connection in Istanbul? If so, the easiest thing to do would be to just check the baggage to IST, pick it up there, and re-check it.

Or he could just call the Turkish Airlines office in UAE and ask them.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
This issue has been extensively discussed in the Middle East Forum.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:50 pm

You can actually buy tickets TLV-BEY and vice versa with connection in AMM. Found that strange. If it is one connection that would not work for 100% sure that is the one.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RedChili
Or he could just call the Turkish Airlines office in UAE and ask them.
If I were worried about it, that is what I would do. But I would not stress about such a booking or trip. He is not the first to make that trip, nor the 1000th.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 3:57 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Call the RJ or TK office at TLV. You'll soon realize that DXB is what fills up half the seats on the TLV -AMM flights.

And no need to cross-post in every single forum. We heard your question
Old Mar 29, 2011, 1:12 pm

One Gulf airline has a ticket agreement with ARKIA on connections in Amman so it may be possible. Maybe the UAE Embassy can tell you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.