Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE visa on arrival not available to Canadian passport holders eff. 2-Jan-2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAE visa on arrival not available to Canadian passport holders eff. 2-Jan-2011

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WannaFlyJ

I am currently awaiting a visa from Ottawa. I reckon that this is probably the most expensive visa in the world - what are your thoughts??

- Multiple Entry Visa 1000$ (Valid for 6 months, maximum stay in UAE 14 days each visit)
- Long term Visa 500$ (Valid for 3 months, not renewable)
- Short term Visa 250$ (Valid for 30 days, not renewable)
Terrifying. Had not even given thought to getting Visas. Gulp.

Aussies and Canadians always seem to be the ones who get stung ther most, so you have me worried now!

We fly to Chile and Argentina after Dubai and they have the $US100+ gouge cash to walk past immigration.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Terrifying. Had not even given thought to getting Visas. Gulp.

Aussies and Canadians always seem to be the ones who get stung ther most, so you have me worried now!

We fly to Chile and Argentina after Dubai and they have the $US100+ gouge cash to walk past immigration.
Aussies don't require a paid visa, you'll just get a visit visa stamped in your passport at immigration, no charge.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 7:35 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by beergut
Aussies don't require a paid visa, you'll just get a visit visa stamped in your passport at immigration, no charge.
Correct, free upon arrival provided that you don't have any Israeli stamps in your passport. Then it requires investigation by the CID (not sure if that also means paying the visa fee). Also extension past 30 days requires payment of AED 600.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Asked the Embassy in Canberra and they confrimed that no fee is payable for norrmal length tourist visits -

If you hold an ordinary Australian or NZ passport you will be granted an entry visit visa (Tourist visa) valid for 30 days and free of charge on arrival at one of the UAE air, land & sea ports.

You can apply for an extension for another 30 days before the expiry date of the first 30 days but fee will be applicable (500UAE Dirham).
Maximum period of stay is 60 days.

One of an entry visit visa requirements is to have a return air-ticket and a passport of validity of at least six months or more from the date of entry to UAE.

For further information, please visit our web site: www.uaeembassy.org.au - click visa

Thank you
Old Jun 12, 2011, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by number_6
Correct, free upon arrival provided that you don't have any Israeli stamps in your passport. Then it requires investigation by the CID (not sure if that also means paying the visa fee). Also extension past 30 days requires payment of AED 600.
Israeli stamps aren't an issue anymore, they haven't been for several years now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.