Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride - overnight parking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride - overnight parking?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by ccna101
Bump: any know the status of the lot ? I understand that Silver line is open ... 11/15/22 ?
the garages have been done. They should open when the stations open.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:55 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
I used the Silver line - wow - it about time !!!!
Tarpie likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ccna101
I used the Silver line - wow - it about time !!!!
What's a WMATA?

David
Old Dec 1, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by DELee
What's a WMATA?

David
WMATA = Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority which is the governmental entity responsible for running the MetroRail subway system and the MetroBus bus system.

Not to be confused with MWAA = Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority which is the governmental entity responsible for operating National and Dulles airports as well as the Dulles Airport Access Highway. MWAA also has responsibility for building the Metrorail "Silver" line - the rail line out to Dulles Airport and beyond into Loudoun County, VA.

MWAA positively hates that because of the similarity of names/acronyms of the two entities, MWAA is regularly confused with WMATA whose manglement is congenitally defective whereas MWAA manglement is only chronically defective or corrupt. MWAA gets a damning federal audit - The Washington Post - the IG's audit included criminal investigations by the FBI.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 9:51 pm

Thanks Section 107 for the brief education, I never knew

The new WMetro line (silver line) is extend a cheap and -almost- direct IAD-DCA connection ... I now can interchange between the 2 airport with minimum cost of effective/cheap train connections !!!

EV-
Tarpie and eddieflyer like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:26 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Section 107
WMATA = Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority which is the governmental entity responsible for running the MetroRail subway system and the MetroBus bus system.

Not to be confused with MWAA = Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority which is the governmental entity responsible for operating National and Dulles airports as well as the Dulles Airport Access Highway. MWAA also has responsibility for building the Metrorail "Silver" line - the rail line out to Dulles Airport and beyond into Loudoun County, VA.

MWAA positively hates that because of the similarity of names/acronyms of the two entities, MWAA is regularly confused with WMATA whose manglement is congenitally defective whereas MWAA manglement is only chronically defective or corrupt. MWAA gets a damning federal audit - The Washington Post - the IG's audit included criminal investigations by the FBI.
is Aurhority of Airport Service Holdings Of Landing and Expressway
Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
So to be clear -- the "free" parking is dead now, right? I've since moved away from NoVA and assume that silver line has effectively nixed the long term viability parking of Herndon Park & Ride. It's of little value to me now, just curious.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by eddieflyer
So to be clear -- the "free" parking is dead now, right? I've since moved away from NoVA and assume that silver line has effectively nixed the long term viability parking of Herndon Park & Ride. It's of little value to me now, just curious.
Yes, it is dead. LW Gateway metro was an option for about six months before that died too.
eddieflyer and ccna101 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by eddieflyer
are you talking of cheap parking options?

https://wjla.com/news/local/memorial...a-randy-clarke
Old Feb 8, 2024, 3:44 pm

Yes: thIs was my (not so secret) long term parking for a very decent time since 2019 ... I think they are smell money and thing will change ..

Oh well ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.