Search

DC Museums on Easter Sunday

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards
DC Museums on Easter Sunday

Hello FlyerTalk friends,

I will be in DC next week and was wondering if on Easter Sunday if we should anticipate the museums (or anything else touristy) will be closed?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 3, 2009, 9:00 am

Don't know about the smaller sights off the top of my head by I can tell you the Smithsonian only closes on Christmas. You really shouldn't have a problem.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
Same for the National Gallery of Art (i.e. open Easter). Holocaust Memorial Museum closes only 2 days a year - Christmas and Yom Kippur.

It would be very unusual for any of the paid-admission museums (Corcoran, Phillips, Newseum, Spy Museum, etc.) to be closed on what would be a high-demand holiday.

The new US Capitol Visitors Center (well worth a visit) is never open on Sunday. It is also closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and Inauguration Day.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:58 am

Each website will specify but since I've been to DC a couple of times between DC and New Year's, I know that most places only close each year for the specific holiday of 12/25 and some on 1/1. So Easter is nothing in the grand scheme.

BillJ
Old Apr 4, 2009, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards
Thanks everyone. Vacation disaster averted.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.