Wiki Posts
Search

Richmond Airport to Lexington, VA Transit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2023, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Richmond Airport to Lexington, VA Transit

Family friend needs to get to Lexington from Richmond airport; he’s too young to rent a car.

I was going to give him money for a Lyft both ways but I was wondering if there was a more economical option?
Old Sep 15, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
I can't help with the exact question, but what is the ultimate destination? Have you looked at flights from Lynchburg, roanoke or charlottesville? You can get to NYC metro from any of those airport, and thus, anywhere in the world.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by wutlol
Family friend needs to get to Lexington from Richmond airport; he’s too young to rent a car.

I was going to give him money for a Lyft both ways but I was wondering if there was a more economical option?
Lexington, Virginia? That's along I-81. In college towns there might be airport transportation to close by airports. Roanoke is closer. Along 81 there are a bunch of college towns. The big one is Virginia tech but there are others like VMI snd James Madison and others.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1200GS
I can't help with the exact question, but what is the ultimate destination? Have you looked at flights from Lynchburg, roanoke or charlottesville? You can get to NYC metro from any of those airport, and thus, anywhere in the world.
CID to RIC. ROA was nearly twelve hours with connections and just as expensive; would have been better off driving.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wutlol
CID to RIC. ROA was nearly twelve hours with connections and just as expensive; would have been better off driving.
Hindsight is always 20:20, but if I had to plan a trip like this, I'd probably fly AA CID-CLT-LYH. LYH is just a 47-mile Uber/Lyft/taxi ride to Lexington.

And if you had AA miles, CID-CLT-LYH can be a relative bargain -- at least on some days:

1200GS likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Hindsight is always 20:20, but if I had to plan a trip like this, I'd probably fly AA CID-CLT-LYH. LYH is just a 47-mile Uber/Lyft/taxi ride to Lexington.

And if you had AA miles, CID-CLT-LYH can be a relative bargain -- at least on some days:

Agreed. I was trying to maximize time in First Class - he just had surgery and main cabin will be less than ideal. Otherwise this was my play.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 4:10 am

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
Here’s a list of transportation companies servicing Richmond airport:

https://flyrichmond.com/ground-transportation/

I believe there is also bus service from the airport into Richmond where he could then possibly catch a bus to Lexington.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 9:59 pm

The Greater Richmond Transit system Route 7A and 7B go from the airport to downtown Richmond, but there really isn't a practical way to get from there to Lexington on public transportation. Starting at Dulles Airport would be easier. There is a once daily bus from Dulles (curb 2A at 10:45 AM) that stops in Lexington (2:15 PM-https://virginiabreeze.drpt.virginia.gov/). See Washington - Blacksburg schedule, this route also serves Union Station/AMTRAK and West Falls Church metro stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.