Search

Luggage storage Washington DC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2023, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Luggage storage Washington DC

Hi,

I need some advice. My wife will join a conference at the Gaylord Convention Center in like Maryland. The conference ends on a Friday around noon but her flight does not leave until 10:20pm from IAD. She wants to spent the afternoon in Washington for some sightseeing. Question is what to do with the luggage.

In my opinion it makes no sense to leave it at the Convention Center and to go back and forth. I think it would be better to store the luggage somewhere downtown Washington DC.

So I have some questions:
1) What is the best option for transportation to get from the Convention Center to Washington DC downtown in regards of convenience?
2) Where is it this possible to store luggage or which location would you recommend? I already did a google search and found a lot of storage services like bounce, vertoe, etc. . Does anyone has any experience with them and can recommend a service?
Old Sep 9, 2023, 10:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There is the LuggageHero smartphone app that gives lots of paid options for storing luggage in DC.

There is also the Stasher app that gives paid options for storing luggage in DC.

In all cases, pay close attention to the location closing times and verify the closing times in person before dropping off the luggage for storage.

About picking luggage location in DC or possibly Virginia, I would pick luggage storage locations based on what the plan is to get out to IAD airport.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by flyingfkb
1) What is the best option for transportation to get from the Convention Center to Washington DC downtown in regards of convenience?
2) Where is it this possible to store luggage or which location would you recommend? I already did a google search and found a lot of storage services like bounce, vertoe, etc. . Does anyone has any experience with them and can recommend a service?
If she takes the Metro into DC, she can take a line that goes to/through Union Station (Amtrak) and there is a luggage check there. We've used it a couple times when there was a big gap between hotel check-out and our train home.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 8:43 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by flyingfkb
Hi,

I need some advice. My wife will join a conference at the Gaylord Convention Center in like Maryland. The conference ends on a Friday around noon but her flight does not leave until 10:20pm from IAD. She wants to spent the afternoon in Washington for some sightseeing. Question is what to do with the luggage.

In my opinion it makes no sense to leave it at the Convention Center and to go back and forth. I think it would be better to store the luggage somewhere downtown Washington DC.

the event is located on thr Potomac river south of the beltway on thr Maryland side of the Potomac river.

there are bus lines to green and yellow stations and you can do Uber and taxis..

option 1– move Thursday night hotel stay to a hotel in downtown DC, Arlington, Alexandria and store luggage at the hotel and then pick it up then going to the airport.

Silver line to Dulles from lenfant/ metro center stations is going to be about an hour ride.
she could pick a hotel near where she would have dinner.
she could eat at 6 pm, get luggage from hotel, take metro to airport arriving around 8pm or so.

Option 2– union station has a bag hold option available. It’s on red line. It will be about 75 min from Dulles.

option 3 — can rent a car for a day and drive to Dulles storing bag in trunk of car.

option 4 — do you have hotel status? You could use this to get storage at that chain hotel.

option 5 some hotels have day rates where you can pay for a hotel room for the afternoon to use to store the bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.