Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Washington DC hotel pools

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Washington DC hotel pools

Travelling to Washington DC this summer with kids and surprised about the hotels around the national mall area.
Many have either no pools or tiny indoor ones.
Any recommendations?

thanks in advance
Old May 26, 2023, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by yhz123
Travelling to Washington DC this summer with kids and surprised about the hotels around the national mall area.
Many have either no pools or tiny indoor ones.
Any recommendations?

thanks in advance
If you're looking to stay right in the middle of the city and close to things, you can't beat the outdoor pool at the Washington Plaza hotel on Thomas Circle. It's right between downtown and 14th St/Logan Circle/U Street neighborhoods. I lived a block away for almost 20 years and have had family and friends stay there quite a few times. It's not part of any chains or loyalty programs, but if you really want a nice outdoor pool it may be the only option if you want to be close to everything.

https://www.washingtonplazahotel.com/
Old Jun 2, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
In the 80's when I was running around DC we used to swim in the many fountains around the city. Nothing more fun than leaving Hawk'n Dove or Bullfeathers, the Tombs, 9:30 club or BlackCat at 1:30am and taking a dip with new-found, inebriated friends in the Taft Memorial, G'town Harbor, or any number of others. I suppose your kids are too young for that, and you are now at the other end of the spectrum.

Seriously - many of the new condo buildings have rooftop pools - so you might look for AirBnB-type listings with pools.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.