Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Security times at PHL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2021, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Gold
TSA Security times at PHL

Hello. It's been over a year since flying. We've now been vaccinated and will be traveling to LA to see grandson again. Flying out of PHL at 8:45 a.m. on a Thursday. In the past, UA has given TSA pre-check status. But last couple of flights, not so. I was just wondering what to expect in Security lines around that time. Any into would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Plan accordingly on NOT having TSA Pre-Check unless you have enrolled in TSA Pre or Global Entry.

Also, I don't think it's up to UA to decide which passenger to offer complementary one-time TSA Pre option.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Neither UA nor any carrier has granted TSA Pre-Check for almost 10 years. Rather, you may have occasionally been the beneficiary of "managed inclusion."

TSA has reported to Congress that it ended the program 2 years ago, but there were still reports of it happening at least early in the pandemic.

Maybe you will receive it and maybe you won't. Your carrier and departure point won't affect it. You should not plan on it unless you have enrolled in the program. Depending on the then, you may well be able to enroll before your flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.