Search

Megabus comes to Ithaca!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Megabus comes to Ithaca!

Megabus is now selling tickets on the Coach USA/Short Line service between Ithaca and NYC. Fares start at $1.00 each way, plus a $2.50 booking fee.

For many years, Megabus has sold tickets on the Binghamton-NYC portion of the Ithaca-NYC bus, and Ithaca passengers would have to purchase a separate ticket between Ithaca and Binghamton if one wanted to take advantage of a low Megabus fate between Binghamton and NYC. Now, a single Megabus ticket will cover the whole trip.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How many stops does the Megabus make between Ithaca and NYC? I know Cornell has a bus linking the city to Ithaca but the prices aren't NEARLY that cheap for those connected with Cornell.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Analise
How many stops does the Megabus make between Ithaca and NYC? I know Cornell has a bus linking the city to Ithaca but the prices aren't NEARLY that cheap for those connected with Cornell.
It depends on where in Ithaca you board (Short Line has two pick-up points at Cornell before departing from downtown Ithaca), and time of day. Most trips will stop at Binghamton, Monticello, and -- if needed -- Ridgewood, NJ, which is a discharge-only stop. I think that the early evening Short Line departure also stops in Liberty, NY.

Most Short Line trips take about five hours, compared to about four hours for Cornell's expensive Campus 2 Campus service, and the somewhat less expensive and newish Big Red Bullet service which runs nonstop between downtown Ithaca and Bryant Park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.