Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Which is faster to Dulles C/D Gates: AeroTrain or People Movers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is faster to Dulles C/D Gates: AeroTrain or People Movers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If she is not familiar with the airport or not happy on her own, it is easiest to follow the signage. Post-checkpoint, that will direct her to AeroTrain for A & C and to a people mover for D. No reason to complicate things to save what may be 30 seconds.

For the sake of others, the issue is that the AeroTrain is quick and efficient, but the C station is nowhere near C and is located where MWATA hopes to build a new C sometime in the next 10-15 years. Thus, one walks back from the station to the current C concourse and then to one's gate/
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Your question is pretty much unanswerable - too many unknown variables: actual gate, time of day, how slow/fast your wife walks, whether she has to wait for a people mover, whether she has to wait for a train, how many other people are on said people mover or train, how fast/slow they are at getting on and off ... the list goes on ... there's no more than a few minutes in it either way ...
Okay so it's pretty close either way? I didn't know if one way was glaringly quicker than the other

thanks
FDW
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:30 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Often1
If she is not familiar with the airport or not happy on her own, it is easiest to follow the signage. Post-checkpoint, that will direct her to AeroTrain for A & C and to a people mover for D. No reason to complicate things to save what may be 30 seconds.

For the sake of others, the issue is that the AeroTrain is quick and efficient, but the C station is nowhere near C and is located where MWATA hopes to build a new C sometime in the next 10-15 years. Thus, one walks back from the station to the current C concourse and then to one's gate/
Thanks you actually answered the question I really meant to ask- which way is the easiest.. I phrased my question incorrectly... I'll just let her follow the signs...

Can't wait for IAD to bulldoze those "temporary" concourses....

FDW
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
That's all you need to know. C1 - C9 train.
Okay - you have me convinced (after yet another long walk from train) - but where does one catch the Moonbuggy, assuming entry via Precheck security in main terminal?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by drewguy
Okay - you have me convinced (after yet another long walk from train) - but where does one catch the Moonbuggy, assuming entry via Precheck security in main terminal?
Follow the signs for "D" gates ...
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:34 am

I'd take the train anyway just because it feels a little more civilized than those weird vehicles that make you feel like you're a space trooper about to be dropped into relentless combat against giant alien bug creatures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.