Reload this Page >

Good tequila to bring back?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good tequila to bring back?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Looks like Micheladas is a popular way to drink tequila (at least at the fast food outlets at MEX T2).
Micheladas are made with cerveza (beer) not with tequila.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Micheladas are made with cerveza (beer) not with tequila.
Not beer with a shot of tequila? Just wondering what the tequila at the fast food outlets were for, as no drinks other than soft drinks/juices, beers and Micheladas were on the menu.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
A michelada is beer mixed with hot sauce and lime. Some even add tomato juice to the mix. They come in a glass with salt covering the rim.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Open Jaw
A michelada is beer mixed with hot sauce and lime. Some even add tomato juice to the mix. They come in a glass with salt covering the rim.
And typically poured over ice, at least the ones I've had.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
The one I had also had worchestire sauce and Nagy (an ultra cheap MSP laden soy sauce according to one guy in our group). Horrid. The habanero tequila I tried somewhere else was better.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: United, Delta, Southwest, AA, IHG, Starwood, Hilton
Here are some reviews of a few that are always a great deal in Mexico but cost 3 times as much stateside.
http://luxurylatinamerica.com/blog/c...rican-spirits/

Honestly it's hard to go wrong with a reposado that is 100% blue agave. Kind of like it's hard to go wrong with any quality bourbon. Beyond that it's a matter of specific taste profile preferences.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:03 pm

I brought back a bottle of Tres Mujeres Reposado when I was in CUN back in '06. Was very easy to drink on the rocks. Did not have a harsh alcohol taste. Very smooth and light. At that time it was not available in the States.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.