Wiki Posts
Search

Transportation Cancun Airport to Le Meridien

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Transportation Cancun Airport to Le Meridien

What is the best way to to get to the Le Meridien hotel from the Cancun Airport?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by 360guy
What is the best way to to get to the Le Meridien hotel from the Cancun Airport?
For how many? Shared vans cost around $9 each on way. Private van from Brant Boston's http://www.entertainment-plus.net/tour_transport.cfm cost $52 round trip for 1 to 3 or $65 for up to 10. Cancun Valet at www.cancunvalet.com is $35 one way or $65 round trip for up to 10. Both are dependable.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mshaikun
For how many? Shared vans cost around $9 each on way. Private van from Brant Boston's http://www.entertainment-plus.net/tour_transport.cfm cost $52 round trip for 1 to 3 or $65 for up to 10. Cancun Valet at www.cancunvalet.com is $35 one way or $65 round trip for up to 10. Both are dependable.
The shared vans are generally the best deal for a solo visitor or a couple and work perfectly fine if not in a mad rush or minding possible "intermediate" stops. Cabs worked fine too and I've yet to have any trouble in that regard.

Here's a site I routinely use for airports around the world:

http://www.toandfromtheairport.com/cancun.html
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:28 pm

Shared vans can be a real pain. They wait until filled, ofter carry 8 to 10 people, always seem to drop you off dead last and have luggage limits. In addition, they cost about $8.50 each way. For one or two people they make sense from the airport. On the return take a taxi for abour $20. Otherwise, you better leave at least 3 hours before flight time. I once waited over 20 minutes in a shared van when a passenger suddenly remembered leaving something in his room and went to fetch it. We'd have left him but we had the rest of his luggage.

Once you get to three or more, do the private van thing. www.entertainment-plus.net gets $52 round trip for 3 and $65 for up to 10. Subtracting the cost of the taxi back, for 3 that's $32 instead of $25.50 in a shared van. The extra $6.50 is a bargain for a shorter wait and straight to your hotel.

The toandfrom site mentioned above seems a more expensive way to go then using either Entertainment-plus or Cancun Valet. Cancun Valet has no special pricing for 1 to 3 but is the same $65 for up to 10. Both services are excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.