Mexican land border closure from USA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mexican land border closure from USA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA, AS, Volaris, VivaAerobús
And, it's still "open" even with the restrictions extended to March 21.
The Biden Administration is very much aware of US citizens and LPR floating between the US/Mexican border and has asked the CDC to come up with recommendations on how to deal with this while recognizing there are different groups of people who do this. I recently visited Rosarito and that place was packed with...you know, just like the good ole days. I don't expect much to come much from this, as the previous administrative tried to do something about this and stopped this practice after a few days.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 6:58 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by i0wnj00
And, it's still "open" even with the restrictions extended to March 21.
The Biden Administration is very much aware of US citizens and LPR floating between the US/Mexican border and has asked the CDC to come up with recommendations on how to deal with this while recognizing there are different groups of people who do this. I recently visited Rosarito and that place was packed with...you know, just like the good ole days. I don't expect much to come much from this, as the previous administrative tried to do something about this and stopped this practice after a few days.
Bureaucratic cognitive dissonance.

The US can't "control" what Mexico does vis-a-vis letting non-Mexicans cross southwards, even if they aren't supposed to be allowed.

OTOH, ignoring the illegal elephant in the room, Biden is letting caravan refugees in again, in spite of the pandemic. Also, merely being a US citizen is considered essential travel.

The southern border is effed, and effed is how it will continue to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.