Wiki Posts
Search

most reliable airline between Mexico City & Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Starwood
most reliable airline between Mexico City & Cancun

Hi everyone! I'm visiting Mexico this November and I'll be in Mexico City for a week and then flying to Cancun for a wedding. I've looked up Aeromexico, Interjet, Volaris, and VivaAerobus and they all have bad reviews along the lines of changing flight times and days with no notice. I'll likely have a carryon bag and maybe a checked bag so I'm not sure which one to pick!

Can anyone make a recommendation, which is the most reliable, which is likely the cheapest when you take baggage fees into consideration? I'm more worried about getting there on the right day than having to pay a little extra for the peace of mind. Thank you for your help!!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
I have had pleasant experiences on both interjet and volaris several times over the years but I have never experienced them changing schedules.

Suggest you check out flightstats.com , click the "airlines" tab, and check out what they have. Volaris and Aeromexico seem to have the better overall on-time performance (mid- upper 80%) with vivaerobus significantly less. but it really depends on the routes.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: United, Delta, Southwest, AA, IHG, Starwood, Hilton
I have also had great experiences on both Volaris and Interjet, with lower prices than Aeromexico. Aerobus is awful though---they're like Spirit or RyanAir, charging you extra for everything they can think of. Only a good choice for short hops where you're not carrying anything and you're traveling alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.