Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport Stamp in Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Passport Stamp in Mexico

I'm planning to drive into Mexicali from Calexico. Can you get your passport stamped as proof of entry?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You are likely to get your entry - and departure, if you stop as we are supposed to - stamped in your passport, as well as your form FMM. If they do not stamp your passport, ask.

Originally Posted by skyline101
I'm planning to drive into Mexicali from Calexico. Can you get your passport stamped as proof of entry?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks.

Also, will I be able to get an exit/departure stamp?

If so, will I be able to drive back to the Migration office on my way back to the US?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Passports are not normally stamped when you leave Mexico. But they must be stamped on entry. You will probably be given 180 days and you will have to go to a bank to pay for your FMM if leaving by land. You will also have to stop at Migracion on the way out, to hand in the FMM and to prove you have paid. When flying, the fee is included in the ticket price, with the exception of charter flights from the UK!
Old Sep 7, 2013, 9:55 pm

I remember they used to stamp on the way out as well. At least at MEX though when I was there last month I only got an entry stamp but no exit stamp.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 4:01 pm

Programs: SQ KF (ex-UA)
Originally Posted by Acornragazzo
I remember they used to stamp on the way out as well. At least at MEX though when I was there last month I only got an entry stamp but no exit stamp.
Same here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.