Reload this Page >

CUN / Cancun International Airport Lounges - info and reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisny2
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

Link to CUN / Cancún International Airport lounges page.

The VIP LOUNGES are independent from the airport for more information

Contact Information
Phone: +52 998 848-0335 (Cancun, Mexico)
Email: [email protected]

Code:
CUN Vip Lounge

TERMINAL #3 -
 "The VIP Lounge" Business Lounge - Terminal 3 $29.00 DOES NOT ACCEPT PRIORITY PASS - Airside - after Security, exit Duty Free
 and turn right towards the 'Bubba Gump' restaurant. Turn right
 to the end of the hall where a sign indicates the Lounge entrance.
 The Lounge is only accessible to passengers departing on
 international flights. (Priority Pass and Diners Club Lounge; pay lounge*.
 Not affiliated with any airline nor American Express.) The lounge currently
 accepts admission through LoungeBuddy (which may be helpful if you
 ave LoungeBuddy credits on one of your credit cards.)

TERMINAL 4- Two Lounges
 **** The Lounge - Terminal 4 lower level, Priority Pass accepted
 ****The VIP Lounge - Terminal 4 lower level, $29.00 per person, no memberships accepted

TERMINAL 2 - One Lounge
 MERA Business Lounge - Terminal 2 Airside - after Security, (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
 take the escalators on the right hand side towards Gate A.
 The Lounge is located behind the escalators. Scheduled flight
 departures only. (Priority Pass and Diners Club Lounge; pay lounge*.
 Not affiliated with any airline nor American Express.)
 Link to YouTube video
 Link to MERA VIP Lounge Facebook page.)

Opening Hours: 08:00 - 21:00 daily.
 Conditions: Children under 12 years are admitted free and must be
 accompanied by an adult.
 Additional Information: Telephone access, fax and conference
 facilities are all subject to payment.

Lounge Facilities:
  • Code:
    Air Conditioning
    • Code:
      Conference Facilities Available
      • Code:
        Screens with flight and boarding info
        • Code:
          TV Screens with news and sports channels
          • Code:
            Ulimited Internet Access
            • Code:
              WiFi Available
              • Code:
                Local Telephone calls
                • Code:
                  FAX
                  • Code:
                    Open Bar
                    • Code:
                      Coffees, tea, soft drinks and juices
                      • Code:
                        Canapes
                        • Code:
                          Magazines and Newspapers
                          • Code:
                            Disabled Access**
                            • Code:
                              Kids area
                              • Code:
                                Children under 12 enter free
                                • Code:
                                  Massage chairs
                                  • Code:
                                    Bathrooms

Code:
* another member states USD $33 is the cost per person
 (a bit less if paid in Mexican pesos) - see following post

** Note "Disabled Access" is subject to interpretation in many places
Aeroméxico has a Salón Premier for their Business passengers and elites:
Salón Premier Cancún
Located airside on the second floor of Terminal 2
Hours: 05:00 - 02:00 hrs

Diners Club card admits to MERA 2 and 3 lounges, and Salón Premier

Priority Pass admits to Terminal 4 lounge.

American Express offers no member lounge access in CUN, other than Priority Pass cardholders

Print Wikipost

CUN / Cancun International Airport Lounges - info and reviews

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by js1993
Supposedly open 24 hours. Anyone been there?
Yes, I visited there in early January. It was ok. I liked it better than some of the basement lounges in terminal 4 as it was open air. No problem with my priority pass. Some food that you can order from a QR code. Some beers. There was a bartender mixing drinks but I couldn't tell if that was extra cost. The food was typical for the lounges in Cancun. Nothing special. I think I had a couple of tacos and they were pretty basic. Self serve beers and water.

Its before security and landslide, so be aware of that. I was there on a busy travel day (Jan 3) and it wasn't packed. I had quite a bit of time to wait for my flight so it was a lot more enjoyable than being in that jammed terminal post security where there is no where to sit. Its wide open to the terminal and a comfortable temperature, but what made me laugh is the music was loud It was 70's and 80's funk so I was getting into it, but I can see where this might be an issue. I mostly interacted with the staff in Spanish and they were nice, but not sure if they spoke much English. No bathroom facilities that I could tell.

I think what I liked about it is that compared to the other lounges in Cancun where you are a windowless basement, its an open structure to the terminal so you don't feel so claustrophobic. The 'windows' were just open spaces to the terminal. But definitely temper your expectations (which is like any lounge in Cancun)
js1993 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:11 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Thanks very much. If nothing else, being landside and open 24/7 will be great for early drop-offs.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 5:28 pm

Mera Buisness Lunge - Was at the CAN, terminal 3 in November. Lounge was closed for some reason. But returning in 2 weeks and will update.
I hear it's small + busy (friends opinion) and access with Amex Plat.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 11:40 am

The Lounge Cancún outside security T3 very good

The Lounge Cancún T3 outside security by the United counters is very nice. Made to order food delivered to seat, doting staff, full bar. No restrooms but they are nearby. Accepts priority pass and others. See photo.

The lounge inside security does NOT accept Amex or Priority Pass despite the web sites saying they do.
js1993 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 4:45 pm

The T3 and T4 lounges offer options to prebook for $5 now. Is it new? Has anyone done it? Is it required?
Old Jul 15, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Definitely not required.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, SPG, ClubPremier
Hi. I've an international flight leaving after midnight. I've DragonPass and what I see is that all lounges close at 21:00. Is that accurate?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by lastcallfordeparture
Hi. I've an international flight leaving after midnight. I've DragonPass and what I see is that all lounges close at 21:00. Is that accurate?
There's one in T3, outside security, that was open 24/7 as of recently. Not sure if it's part of DragonPass, which I had never heard of.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 2:21 pm

Anyone been recently to "The Lounge" in terminal 2? Have a few hours to kill before my connecting domestic flight, and I have a Priority Pass with free passes.

Is it worth going? Food and drink any good?
Old Dec 30, 2023, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by lancexfang
The T3 and T4 lounges offer options to prebook for $5 now. Is it new? Has anyone done it? Is it required?
I’m at T3 now

I recommend prebooking at busy times like the holidays

Line to get in that I bypassed because i had a reservation and there was a nice quiet reserved sear for me

I prebooked using the Plaza Premier site as that was the cheapest I found. Well worth it to be out of the chaos in the terminal today
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Anyone travel through CUN this week? Is there still a long wait to get in to the Mera?
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Anyone travel through CUN this week? Is there still a long wait to get in to the Mera?
I'm not there this week, but when last there in early December 2023, Mera was a complete crap show. They had a women with a podium out front, a very long line and we laughingly add ourselves to the wait list. She said the current wait time was 3 hours and 40 minutes.

In fairness, I did have a text on my phone when we landed in AUS saying our lounge entry was ready and it was indeed a good 3+ hours from when we added our names.

Hope your experience might be different but that was ours...

Regards
Old Jan 14, 2024, 9:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by scubadu
I'm not there this week, but when last there in early December 2023, Mera was a complete crap show. They had a women with a podium out front, a very long line and we laughingly add ourselves to the wait list. She said the current wait time was 3 hours and 40 minutes.

In fairness, I did have a text on my phone when we landed in AUS saying our lounge entry was ready and it was indeed a good 3+ hours from when we added our names.

Hope your experience might be different but that was ours...

Regards
I forgot to come back with an update. Mid afternoon 1/7 and same thing you experienced. Long line, woman at podium outside. Said 2 hour wait and took my cell number. Got a confirmation text but not a “you’re off the wait list, come back” text. The entire airport was a mess though. Gates changing frequently, boarding disorganized, mobs of people everywhere. Very little available seating.

My advice: if you have 3 hours till your flight, go to the lounge land side for a bit. Then at 2 hours go through security and expect no lounge airside. The landslide lounges make no sense to me aside from a strategy to keep them not busy.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I forgot to come back with an update. Mid afternoon 1/7 and same thing you experienced. Long line, woman at podium outside. Said 2 hour wait and took my cell number. Got a confirmation text but not a “you’re off the wait list, come back” text. The entire airport was a mess though. Gates changing frequently, boarding disorganized, mobs of people everywhere. Very little available seating.

My advice: if you have 3 hours till your flight, go to the lounge land side for a bit. Then at 2 hours go through security and expect no lounge airside. The landslide lounges make no sense to me aside from a strategy to keep them not busy.
Ooops, I hadn't look at the date of your post and didn't realize it was in the past!

Agree on the landside lounge. I actually proposed that when we arrived, but my wife was a bit nervous about how long security would take. So, we completely breezed through security in like 7 minutes and than ran into a tsunami of other Amex cardholders at Mera. My wife said, "Maybe we should have went to the other lounge?"

Though I suppose if everyone takes our advice then eventually the landside lounge will be overwhelmed too...

Regards
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Can The Lounge landside at T3 be accessed upon arrival from a US flight? PP says international flights only, so not sure what that means. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.