FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mexico (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico-480/)
-   -   CUN / Cancun International Airport Lounges - info and reviews (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico/1439362-cun-cancun-international-airport-lounges-info-reviews.html)

mcgahat Mar 15, 2009 12:21 am

CUN / Cancun International Airport Lounges - info and reviews

Bumping this to see if anyone has had any experience with the "Business Lounge" in T3? It still shows on the Priority Pass website but I haven't been able to dig up any info on it.

Also, are air side transfers not possible between T3 and T2? T2 has a couple of other lounges.

Eastbay1K Mar 15, 2009 12:24 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat (Post 11415776)
Bumping this to see if anyone has had any experience with the "Business Lounge" in T3? It still shows on the Priority Pass website but I haven't been able to dig up any info on it.

Also, are air side transfers not possible between T3 and T2? T2 has a couple of other lounges.

It is a pleasant lounge. I was there 2x last year. Small snackiecake/petit sandwich selection, adequate bar selections, massage chairs, friendly staff, several computer terminals that work from time to time.

mcgahat Mar 15, 2009 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 11415784)
It is a pleasant lounge. I was there 2x last year. Small snackiecake/petit sandwich selection, adequate bar selections, massage chairs, friendly staff, several computer terminals that work from time to time.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am happy there is a lounge option in T3. Do you remember if they had free wifi?

Eastbay1K Mar 15, 2009 11:10 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat (Post 11415834)
Thanks for the quick reply. I am happy there is a lounge option in T3. Do you remember if they had free wifi?

I don't know, as I just used their terminals. You might check the PP site for lounge features.

Boraxo Mar 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 9057598)
Terminal 3 has a "Business Lounge" -- Priority Pass-affiliated -- that is not operated by any of the major US airlines flying out of there.

This is true.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 11415784)

This was not true when I visited the Saturday after NYE. Given that is one of the busiest days of the year at CUN, but T-3 sadly more pleasant than the lounge which was overcrowded and overrun with small children (some not well behaved). The food selection was mediocre and made the RCCs look good. The open bar was the only nice feature - I snagged a couple of free drinks from the frig and headed out.

On the plus side it is better than anything you find in Terminal 3 at SJD, but that's not saying much.

Eastbay1K Mar 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 11435749)
This is true.

This was not true when I visited the Saturday after NYE. Given that is one of the busiest days of the year at CUN, but T-3 sadly more pleasant than the lounge which was overcrowded and overrun with small children (some not well behaved). The food selection was mediocre and made the RCCs look good. The open bar was the only nice feature - I snagged a couple of free drinks from the frig and headed out.

On the plus side it is better than anything you find in Terminal 3 at SJD, but that's not saying much.

The 2 times I was there, it was nearly ghost-town city. ^

mcgahat Mar 18, 2009 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 11435946)
The 2 times I was there, it was nearly ghost-town city. ^

Hopefully the lounge gods will be smiling on me and the wife as we head through in a couple of weeks but it is the tail end of spring break so who knows. I am hoping the spring breakers aren't PP members. :)

mcgahat Apr 1, 2009 1:50 pm

Ok, posting from the Mera lounge in T3. It is fairly small but well decorated with mostly U shaped sofas for seating. There are many computer terminals if you need them and also wifi for no fee. There is an open fridge with sodas, juices and waters with a coffee machine next to it and a bar area which has a lady that pours your drinks. They have a cash register at the bar and dont know what that is for as I havent paid for a red wine yet. Food is simple but enough, chips, nuts, sandwiches. There is a flight display screen and several LCD tv's overhead. Small but pleasant lounge, my wife and I are two of about eight people in here right now. I can see how it could get full easily though.

Edited to add, they do have massage chairs which my wife just used. :)

RTWSTARALLIANCE Mar 2, 2010 11:42 am

Any updates? Thanks.

Anybody been outbound from CUN looking for a Lounge also. I am in on CO or UA. Sounds like there is a VIP Lounge which I can enter by paying in my case. Looks like $29 USD. Anyone have any experience with this? Does a Amex Plat card work for entry? Thanks.

nologic Mar 6, 2010 10:33 am

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE (Post 13495815)
Anybody been outbound from CUN looking for a Lounge also. I am in on CO or UA. Sounds like there is a VIP Lounge which I can enter by paying in my case. Looks like $29 USD. Anyone have any experience with this? Does a Amex Plat card work for entry? Thanks.

No...it is accessible via Priority Pass or pay per use. Located as mentioned above: after security, and past duty free, to your right. Small, decently decorated, with free drinks. You will not get entry via lounge membership or elite status with any airline. They are very strict and you need to have your Priority Pass card with you to show (which allows for 1 person).

RTWSTARALLIANCE Mar 7, 2010 9:17 am

Thank you.

If I arrive early will be prepared to pay. I just remember CUN being as boring as can be several years ago. Thanks.

kellio33 Mar 7, 2010 3:54 pm

I was there this past Wed. and it looked locked and deserted.

mcgahat Mar 7, 2010 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE (Post 13528463)
If I arrive early will be prepared to pay. I just remember CUN being as boring as can be several years ago. Thanks.

Honestly, the airport was nicer last year than I remembered it being in the past so if you dont end up in the lounge it may just be better than you remember....hopefully.

RTWSTARALLIANCE Mar 7, 2010 10:22 pm

Thank you.

Originally Posted by mcgahat (Post 13532041)
Honestly, the airport was nicer last year than I remembered it being in the past so if you dont end up in the lounge it may just be better than you remember....hopefully.

RTWSTARALLIANCE Mar 15, 2010 7:21 am

CUN

At CUN I did not find it necessary to enter the Lounge. There are plenty of things to keep you fed and shopping. Food is pretty mariginal.