Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Mexico
Reload this Page >

Visit Papalote from the airport possible without MXN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visit Papalote from the airport possible without MXN?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Question Visit Papalote from the airport possible without MXN?

My family and I have a very long layover at Mexico City airport and were given the advice to visit the Papalote children's museum. We are only transiting in Mexico so don't have any Mexican Pesos.

Is it possible to go the whole day without using pesos? Ie. paying taxi, museum, food, etc. with USD or credit card only?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:43 am

No...
Many restaurants will take CC's, but that's it. You may be able to pre-pay airport taxis in USD/CC at the airport for round-trip transportation. The museum's site let's you pre-pay admission, so will maybe take CC's too. Foreign currency is not used in Mexico City, but you can always try...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.