Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
For discussion of the now expired offer for a 35K signup bonus, see Amex SPG 35,000 business and personal cards-2016 [No referral offers in this thread.]

USA-issued card benefits changed on August 11, 2015. (Announcement & extended discussion at American Express and Starwood enhance cobrand credit card benefits.) The benefits are slightly different for personal and business cards:

Public Links:
- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- The Annual Fee is $450.

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 3x on restaurants and airfare; 2x on all other purchases.

- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels

- FREE NIGHT AWARD: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- COMPLIMENTARY GOLD ELITE STATUS: Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status with your Card. Earn Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status after making $75,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.

- Other Highlighted Benefits: Priority Pass Select Membership, Global Entry credit, No Foreign Transaction fees.

- Earn 100,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 04/24/2019.

- $125 Annual Fee (If application received before 03/28/19, $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95)

- Earn 6x at Marriott properties; 4x at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services & on U.S. purchases for shipping; 2x on all other purchases.

- Free Night Award: Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.

- Complimentary Silver Elite Status

- No Foreign Transaction Fees

Other related discussion:
Print Wikipost

SPG American Express [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:30 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
SPG AX Loyalty bonus (50/50) ?

Can someone please advise on this bonus? Is it possibly for referring people to get the SPG AMEX card? Sorry if asked before. Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Choice Priveleges Gold, Club Carlson Silver, Wyndham Rewards, UMP, DL, ANA
Yes, its a referral bonus.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 8:57 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
That being the case. I had two friends who applied. One used the code and the other thinks they did. I had two other friends who used the code. Any tried to get a missing credit or work with AMEX SPG to figure out which person they actually got the bonus for? Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 10:37 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I called today, actually, and was told I have to wait until April 23rd, 12 weeks from the promotion end date.

Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:03 am

I may be wrong but to the best of my knowledge Starwood has to date run two sweeps for SPG Amex referral bonuses: the first posted on Christmas Day and the second posted on March 5.

Hopefully they have at least one more sweep coming as I referred 4 FT'ers that supposedly (hopefully) used my referral code and reported back to me that actually they received the card, I had one referral bonus post in Dec and two posted yesterday so at the moment one bonus is still missing in action.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:25 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Choice Priveleges Gold, Club Carlson Silver, Wyndham Rewards, UMP, DL, ANA
Originally Posted by yanxfann
I may be wrong but to the best of my knowledge Starwood has to date run two sweeps for SPG Amex referral bonuses: the first posted on Christmas Day and the second posted on March 5.

My 50/50 referral bonus was credited on Jan 12.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:08 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
got my 50/50 bonus March 5. 5000 for 2 referrals
Old Mar 11, 2007, 3:01 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by DeniseM
My old card doesn't expire until '09 - any reason I can't just keep using it?
No, what are they going to do if you do? Nothing -they want your business.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 3:50 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
Originally Posted by Lefty
I would assume that as long as you haven't called in to activate the new replacement card, then I see no reason why you couldn't continue to use your old card until its expiration date.
This may be the case in this instance, however, I have experience with a Washington Mutual Debit Card that begs to differ.

I arrive in Kansai, Japan and promptly proceed to the Citi ATM in the baggage area to get some yen out for the week. Denied...try a different ATM...denied...I have about $8 US in cash on me. I go to the internet cafe in the baggage area and get online trying to find a number to call WaMu, no use. I send them an e-mail saying "help, your card isn't working, what's up?"

I eventually have to cash advance the entire week. I get back to the states and go to the branch to give them a piece of my mind and close my accounts. They say that they sent me a new card 2 months before (never got it) with a letter saying my current card would be deactivated in 60 days. What timing eh? Anyways, the card I was holding didn't expire for another year or so.

AmEx may operate differently, I don't know; but this gave me the opportunity to tell the story

BTW, I've still not gotten my new SPG Amex here in CA
Old Mar 11, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold
Just noticed the banner ad at the top of the forum page here shows the new red Amex SPG card. I never noticed it before I got the new red card, wonder how long it has been there?
Old Mar 12, 2007, 2:06 am

is the referral bonus counted for the adding a cardmember to the account too?
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by anchor79
is the referral bonus counted for the adding a cardmember to the account too?
No, this was in reference to a targetted promotion at the end of 2006 in which the recipient was given 4 cards with a referral code on them. For each card used, the referrer received a 5,000 point bonus, to the maximum 4 cards or 20,000 point bonus.

For adding an additional card holder, it is commonly known that you will/should receive a 2,500 point bonus. Simply call and ask.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Mar 13, 2007, 5:59 pm

so there is no more 50/50 points availble? i just got my card last week and i could refer a few if possible.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 8:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Gold, United 1K
Originally Posted by UA Fan
These are mailed to existing cardholders.
Are current members randomly selected to receive these referral unique IDs? I still haven't seen anything in the mail.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 5:23 pm

When do bonus points from SPG Amex post?

Is it true that we get an extra point/$ for using our SPG Amex cards at Starwood hotels? If so, when do these extra points post and who (Starwood or Amex) is responsible for posting them? I got my SPG Amex statement and don't see the bonus points anywhere. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.