Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Otherwise, we all simply have to try to not behave like impatient children on a long car ride constantly asking our parents, “Are we there yet?”
Certainly agreed. This actually has no real practical value for me in the immediate future, so I'd rather that they hold off until they're ready to do it right. I think to the extent that some folks experience any sense of impatience relates to underlying anxiety of being overlooked and having to engage CS - some precedent for that sort of thing as of late.

In any event, I certainly wasn't holding my breath over the prospect of some loose-lipped exec delivering on an FT rumor.
MSPeconomist, bhrubin and rny321 like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
If they're intending this to be a one-time sweep, they can't do it until the input data is complete.

First they have to wait for all 2018 stays to post.
Then they have to do the sweep to update lifetime year counters with 2018 qualifications.
Then they have to run the jobs for those qualifying in 2018 by legacy SPG rules (stays).
Only then can the run the LTPP job.
MSPeconomist and bhrubin like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by swag
If they're intending this to be a one-time sweep, they can't do it until the input data is complete.

First they have to wait for all 2018 stays to post.
Then they have to do the sweep to update lifetime year counters with 2018 qualifications.
Then they have to run the jobs for those qualifying in 2018 by legacy SPG rules (stays).
Only then can the run the LTPP job.
.....and when will they then update LTPP for everyone who would have qualified except for some stays/nights that didn't post, etc.?

The legacy MR LTP >>> LTPP rule would have been easy to implement, but now that there are so many exceptions and "corner cases" it will be a big mess for a very long time and be very costly to fix.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
My ambassador told me the LTPP updates are in process and should be complete “by February”.
small ring likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-LifetimeP, HH-G
The sooner the better

I, like many, have been waiting patiently for this mess to end. I’m a MR member since the early days, accumulating 3.18MM points & over 2100 nights. On Aug 18 everything disappeared. I was able to work with Support in late Aug to have a new # assigned & I was given Plat status with zero nights for 2018 even though I was actually at 110 nights for the year. This figure did include 45 nights of Rollover. I had received an email back in May stating I had acheived Ambassador level and I should look forward to its benefits come August. I accumulated another 38 nights from Aug 18 to years end & I have retained the Platinum level but my Lifetime record of 1 year @ Silver is kind of a smack in the face. I’ve worked for many hours on the phone with Support to no avail. I did hear just prior to Christmas that they succeeded in “fixing” all so that when the big reset occurs, I’ll be made whole. They said it needed management approval due to the large transfer of points. I’m still waiting.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by JJDFW0912
My ambassador told me the LTPP updates are in process and should be complete “by February”.
If that's so then it's only a matter of time before reports start to trickle in here on FT...
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Silver
I received an email response from a Loyalty Program Services Coordinator and was told that everyone's status will be corrected in a sweep that will be completed by the end of January 2019, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AndWhatsYourPoint
I received an email response from a Loyalty Program Services Coordinator and was told that everyone's status will be corrected in a sweep that will be completed by the end of January 2019, but I'm not holding my breath.
Sounds scary that their incompetent IT will “correct” everybody’s status by the end of January. I hope so but nobody really believes it, right?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by JJDFW0912
Likewise
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by naumank
Sounds scary that their incompetent IT will “correct” everybody’s status by the end of January. I hope so but nobody really believes it, right?
stranger things have happened....maybe this will be an example of them having got their act together....however, i'm not holding my breath & i expect lots of mistakes in the upcoming weeks & months....
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:53 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Well we will all know in a few weeks but Marriott FAQs still say January

Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Question for legacy Marriott folks - I know you all have said that CS was actually pretty good before the debacle of the last 6 months, and that what we are seeing now doesn't represent the (much better) legacy Marriott experience.

However - was outbound communication from Marriott always this poor? Just seems to be little to no engagement from them. Lurkers are obviously a new thing (and thank god we have them now). I have peeked on Insiders but it seems fairly worthless. Was it always like this?
emikelaw likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Question for legacy Marriott folks - I know you all have said that CS was actually pretty good before the debacle of the last 6 months, and that what we are seeing now doesn't represent the (much better) legacy Marriott experience.

However - was outbound communication from Marriott always this poor? Just seems to be little to no engagement from them. Lurkers are obviously a new thing (and thank god we have them now). I have peeked on Insiders but it seems fairly worthless. Was it always like this?
I never had a positive impression of Marriott/MR customer service (they were different), including the PP line (which wasn't 24/7 and IME tended to roll over to a regular agent often).
PointWeasel likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
CS shortcomings and a blind loyalty to even the worst of the worst property owners/operators were the precise reason I had fled Marriott to SPG. And I would never have returned if not for this unholy matrimony.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:30 pm

I wanted to know if/when I would get access to your24/ambassador ( I'm don't have ambassador 2018), because I want to apply it to a reservation. So I called Marriott ( a waste of time) and then SPG. The guy at SPG said he'd look at my account and call me back. HE DID. And said that yes, LTPP and Ambassador would be confirmed at the end of January ( as per the Marriott calendar, SPG used to be end of Feb). Also, he confirmed that double count nights are included in the required 100 SPG legacy nights ( I had a few double nights in a promo in March).
I have no idea, of course, about the accuracy of his information but he seemed to be au fait with the rules and what's happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.