Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Current Status of the Grandfathering Sweep to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite / Lifetime Titanium Elite

As of 1/26 Members are reporting a SWEEP HAS OCCURRED LTPPE/LTitaniumE. Some have reported discrepancies between app and website still.
A sweep has also occurred of LTP qualifying from previous LTG on legacy rules.

Request: Please DO NOT post asking if the above has occurred or advising all of us that nothing has changed. Please continue reading this wiki for updates.

If you have legitimately been swept and your website account shows that you have truly been grandfathered to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite, then yes please do add a post with this information with useful details for others and this wiki will then be updated accordingly with your information.
Print Wikipost

Does anyone know when the sweep for LTPP will be happening?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Steve Swicegood
I qualified Lifetime Platinum based on legacy rules in August (passed the MR point threshold). Lifetime status did not change (always assumed it would/will during the January sweep).
Was two nights short of PP for the year on December 24th (had 73 nights). Chase credit card points for the month were credited on December 28th but did not receive my "night credits" (I should have received two). Note: I have not "upgraded" my card because I wanted the night credits. Night credits just appeared this morning for 2019. Now I'm showing "2" nights for 2019. Wonder if the sweep will fix that and give me PP?
I doubt the sweep has anything to do with this.
The nights probably post a little later after the points post.
Call Marriott and see if they can make an exception
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: SPG, UA, AA
To add more confusion to the mix, I am showing up as "PPLT" on the Choice Benefit site, but I don't believe I am actually technically eliglble for LTPP (or even LTP) for that matter.

My nights count shows 900+ and 10 years elite. The 900+ is accurate. However, I only have 8 years as SPG Platinum. The remaining years were either status-matched or from a credit card.

Best case scenario: IT glitch in my favor, and I get LTPP when the sweep happens.
Base case scenario: IT glitch partially in my favor.. I keep LTP, but don't get LTPP when the sweep happens.
Worst case scenario: Starriott realizes the glitch, and takes away my LTP.

Last edited by FuryRoadWarrior; Jan 12, 2019 at 2:02 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FuryRoadWarrior
To add more confusion to the mix, I am showing up as "PPLT" on the Choice Benefit site, but I don't believe I am actually technically eliglble for LTPP (or even LTP) for that matter.

My nights count shows 900+ and 10 years elite. The 900+ is accurate. However, I only have 8 years as SPG Platinum. The remaining years were either status-matched or from a credit card.
Remaining years on what side? Ie, those years that were either status-matches or from a credit card, were they on the Marriott side or on the SPG side (or the Ritz side)?

The SPG side on many people's accounts is counting years that perhaps they shouldn't count, but it's not clear whether Marriott has a way of verifying exactly what should count and what shouldn't count on the Starwood side (since it's not familiar with the every possible way of qualifying for Plat status at SPG every year in the past, so it can't just count nights like it did on the Marriott side for a while). It was Starwood that was "lax" in counting lifetime years, and Marriott doesn't seem to know how to "correct" that without breaking much more than it corrects.

For example, every year I qualified for some status at SPG, it did it with stays, not nights. But Marriott doesn't have access to that data any more. And then one year I qualified with a promo, and Marriott probably doesn't access to all of SPG's qualification-helping promos in years long gone. So Marriott may be willing to let "extra years" on the SPG side remain, because it would be too much work for them to "correct" that correctly.

So if all of this was on the SPG side, and if all of this was showing on the SPG side before you combined accounts, then I wouldn't call it an"IT glitch" as much as an "IT limitation": They're using SPG data "as is", even if it's wrong, as long as no customers are complaining about it being wrong, because they don't know how to make it any more correct without risking making too many customers angry.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by FuryRoadWarrior

Best case scenario: IT glitch in my favor, and I get LTPP when the sweep happens.
Base case scenario: IT glitch partially in my favor.. I keep LTP, but don't get LTPP when the sweep happens.
Worst case scenario: Starriott realizes the glitch, and takes away my LTP.
It's because Marriott is counting the matched years. Lurkers have said many times that those years would not count, so not sure if that info was incorrect or if it's an IT glitch, or whether it will be fixed. Lucky seems convinced that Marriott meant to give him accelerated LT status.

https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-lifetime-status/
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: SPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Remaining years on what side? Ie, those years that were either status-matches or from a credit card, were they on the Marriott side or on the SPG side (or the Ritz side)?
So if all of this was on the SPG side, and if all of this was showing on the SPG side before you combined accounts, then I wouldn't call it an"IT glitch" as much as an "IT limitation": They're using SPG data "as is", even if it's wrong, as long as no customers are complaining about it being wrong, because they don't know how to make it any more correct without risking making too many customers angry.
No, sadly, it is on the Marriott side. I know for a fact that I "earned" Platinum status at SPG for 7-8 years. I can count on one hand the # of times I stayed at the Marriott property over that period. The fact that Marriott counted those years as "Platinum" is probably through status matching and credit cards. The logical conclusion is that Marriott, not SPG, is counting the years that I didn't "earn" as part of the lifetime qualifier. For some reason, I got Platinum (even though I didn't "earn" it by the official metric. Hopefully, it's an IT glitch (or "limitation", or "undocumented feature" ) in my favor, and I can keep it. If I'm lucky, I'll get swept along with the others for LTPP.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I thought I had read in another thread that Marriott was doing a sweep on Jan 13. I checked this morning and still showing as Lifetime Platinum (not LTPP).

I guess I will keep waiting.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:25 am

Keep waiting

Originally Posted by Plumber
I thought I had read in another thread that Marriott was doing a sweep on Jan 13. I checked this morning and still showing as Lifetime Platinum (not LTPP).

I guess I will keep waiting.

I phoned this morning and was told that I certainly qualify for LTPP (but still listed as Lifetime Platinum) and that they are in the process of doing these upgrades. They said that I would receive an email notification when the change occurs (so I do not need to keep looking at my Marriott account everyday!).
sdsearch, unclepants and Plumber like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by ehe123
I phoned this morning and was told that I certainly qualify for LTPP (but still listed as Lifetime Platinum) and that they are in the process of doing these upgrades. They said that I would receive an email notification when the change occurs (so I do not need to keep looking at my Marriott account everyday!).
^ Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: SPG Platnium, SWA A+, CP
Background: On Dec 25th, I had 10 years and 745 nights. I stayed at the W Punta Mita from Dec 25-31 (6 days). This normally would get me to 10 years and 751 nights. I waited and waited for the stay to post and finally had to submit a missing stay. 48 hours later, on Jan 12, the stay posted for 6 nights on Dec 31.

In the app, it shows correctly shows 10 years and 751 nights. But it shows status as Lifetime Platinum Elite. When the sweeps occur, what should it say if I have LTPP? Does it actually say Lifetime Platinum Premiere on the app? Should I call somebody or await the "sweeps" to occur? What would you do?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Toan
Background: On Dec 25th, I had 10 years and 745 nights. I stayed at the W Punta Mita from Dec 25-31 (6 days). This normally would get me to 10 years and 751 nights. I waited and waited for the stay to post and finally had to submit a missing stay. 48 hours later, on Jan 12, the stay posted for 6 nights on Dec 31.

In the app, it shows correctly shows 10 years and 751 nights. But it shows status as Lifetime Platinum Elite. When the sweeps occur, what should it say if I have LTPP? Does it actually say Lifetime Platinum Premiere on the app? Should I call somebody or await the "sweeps" to occur? What would you do?
The app shows Lifetime Platinum Elite for me, with 1184 nights and 16 years as Platinum! I am waiting for this to change to Lifetime Platinum Premier. You just need to wait...
WoodyWindy likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
excuse du jour

So I had to call about another different issue (17 years 978 nights). I happened to ask when the LTPP would be occurring. I was told it needs to happen manually and it should happen before end of march
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Seeing that several posters are posting several different answers from Starriott customer service... (zero reason to trust anything they say)

remind me again... but what have the lurkers said in the past and in other similar threads to this one (because there are a bunch of these threads)?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Seeing that several posters are posting several different answers from Starriott customer service...

remind me again... but what have the lurkers said in the past and in other similar threads to this one (because there are a bunch of these threads)?
net answer: Hurry up and wait.
karenkay likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I assume they need to adjust LT years for those earning status in 2018 first. Anyone have any info as to when this might happen?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
My money says they are gonna wait for someone to buy them out so they don’t have to deal with any of us. They will just keep postponing and dragging this out until people give up. We are a low on Marriotts priority list of issues to deal with. They just do not care. I was given early Jan. Then it was Jan 13. Then it was Jan 18. Now I hear Feb from others. Not gonna hold my breath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.