Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rny321
PATHWAYS TO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE STATUS:

1. Legacy Marriott Lifetime Platinum - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 2MM Marriott Rewards points earned - not available after 1/1/2019
2. New Combined Program - 750 [MR+SPG] nights & 10 years combined/total as Platinum members previously under MR and/or SPG as of 12/31/2018 - not available after 1/1/2019

From members.marriott.com:

NOTE: Members that reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019).

FAQ from members.marriott.com

Q: CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

A: Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Example: An SPG member has 300 Lifetime nights, 4 years of Gold Elite Status, and 1 year of Platinum Elite Status after August, 2018. Under the SPG legacy Lifetime requirements, this member would earn Lifetime Gold Elite status which would reflect in their account January 2019.

Q: IF I WILL NOT BE GRANDFATHERED INTO LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER ELITE, WILL I HAVE THE ABILITY TO EARN INTO THIS LEVEL IN 2018?

A: Yes, members can earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite in 2018 if they achieve 750 Lifetime nights and 10 years at Platinum Elite status. This requirement is only for 2018 and will not be continued in future years. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.
Print Wikipost

SPG Lifetime Platinums Can Now Qualify For Lifetime Titanium Status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by yyznomad

SPGLTP1725 here. Mine shows correctly as LTPPE with PPE benefits listed. Also my points look to be correctly tripled. AFAIC I'm good to go.
Are you a current PPE in addition to a LTPP? I am only a LTPP, not a current PPE and mine shows the right level but only shows P benefits, which actually matches the T&Cs.

Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by tnw
No status with Marriott except through SPG match and only 8 nights this year. Lifetime Status numbers on SPG today show 830 Lifetime Nights and 19 years as Gold/Platinum, 17 as Platinum. My new status shows Platinum Elite but does not say Lifetime status anymore. Hopefully they will update this soon.
I am LTG with both yet neither show LT status. My SPG LTG account is now showing Platinum and my MR LTG account is showing Platinum Premier. Work in progress. No upcoming stays, so I'm ok with it for now. FORTUNATELY I did screen shots of what my account showed before they started. BTW LT nights are showing correct in both accounts so the proof is there.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by puntamita
So are you showing Lifetime Plat Premier Elite? I know it is early but wondered if any SPG members under SPG only have over the 750 nights and 10 years. I am well over 1000 nights, years and points(I know that is not needed). None of us were ever told if SPG members that have all the qualifications without combining will receive the grandfathered program in August. Wondered if anyone is showing the status. Thanks
My is not showing up correctly either. I have over 1400 nights with 14+ years of platinum with SPG. The new SPG website shows me as Platinum Elite only without any references to lifetime or platinum premier. Not to mention the points seem to be a bit screwy.
puntamita likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver, Hertz Presidents
SPG LTP status no longer shows on SPG side of marriott.com. Login no longer accepts old usernames, just old account numbers and PW (for SPG), but doesn't show Marriott. SPG side shows "Associated Accounts" under profile, Marriott side shows them as "Linked".

Last edited by olindacat; Aug 19, 2018 at 12:17 pm Reason: See upthread how to login.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:10 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by james1
My is not showing up correctly either. I have over 1400 nights with 14+ years of platinum with SPG. The new SPG website shows me as Platinum Elite only without any references to lifetime or platinum premier. Not to mention the points seem to be a bit screwy.
I mentioned in another thread, mine shows (on the SPG side) 10 years plat and 894 nights and still not at Lifetime Silver (it's up next!)
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by olindacat
I don't even see an SPG website! I have tried several browsers and they all default to marriott.com, with SPPG.com labels. I can no longer log in, can't find my account at all. My MR account shows me as PPE+Amb but not LTP which I am (with SPG). Am I missing something? Every is talking about the "SPG website", am I just a total idiot? (Not unusual, for me ;-)
Both web addresses take me to a Marriott site with the coordinate labels on the site. If I was last logged into my SPG account I need to actually load the account number and password to switch to Marriott, and visa versa. Otherwise, even if I am in the SPG site if I last had my MR account up it will pull the MR info if I use my email address and password.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Both web addresses take me to a Marriott site with the coordinate labels on the site. If I was last logged into my SPG account I need to actually load the account number and password to switch to Marriott, and visa versa. Otherwise, even if I am in the SPG site if I last had my MR account up it will pull the MR info if I use my email address and password.
Thanks CJKatl :-)

I saw that upthread and figured it out. Just getting back up to speed! Saw your other posts. Great job!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by james1
You will be LTPP. With proper PP benefits. Will just take some time. Don’t let any conspiracy theorists tell you otherwise, that you will only be Plat.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Are you a current PPE in addition to a LTPP? I am only a LTPP, not a current PPE and mine shows the right level but only shows P benefits, which actually matches the T&Cs.

I only have four nights this year so far so not current PPE. But mine clearly says Platinum Premier Elite, with the next level showing as Ambassador. I'll see if I can post a pic like yours later today.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I thînk they are still making changes on the fly. I now can't access certain things like I did before, but I guess is expected given the warning banner at the top of the page.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:03 pm

What is scary is before 8/18 SPG.com showed me as LTP. I verified this in writing with SPG. Now it shows me as only Platinum, but not LTP, having 558 paid nights, no years as Platinum showing (should be 11 years Plat, with SPG since 1999). If I dig more it shows "since 1999" but also a new milestone of 600 nights needed for LTP. It is as though I was never SPG LTP. Have I lost my LTP status now? Here is confirmation letter as proof I was legitimately LTP, as of earlier this month. (Redacted to remove my name only.)

Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't see the Lifetime designation anymore, but it still shows me as PPE.
Also, it correctly shows as two nights this year (I thought I had four, but the other two nights were not Starwood)

puntamita likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)

This is mine. But nowhere does it say I'm LTP or LTPP. In fact, on the app it says im on my way to Silver when i already clocked in the required Plat years and nights (for LTPP).

Further clicking on the link for the 50 night benefit, it is asking me for a username and password (definitely not my account number).

Some areas of the website also say I'm just Platinum. Plus my YTD nights are missing all my August 2018 nights that has already posted prior to August 18.
puntamita likes this.

Last edited by supatight80; Aug 19, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:04 pm

On the marriott.com side, it shows two different status': on top (and sidebar) it says Platinum Premiere Elite + Ambassador, then below it says just "Platinum Elite". Like others have said: might just be the poor webmaster's nightmares :-) Talk about a scary job!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, good luck to the migration team in sorting all these things out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.