Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: soy
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address:
[email protected]
Reservations: [email protected]

> Plat Welcome amenity is 1k pts or Breakfast for Elite+1
——————————-
Previously posted and someone deleted it - It is the policy of this prop to try and upgrade P/Gs and even Ss on their first stay. If for some reason the property cannot upgrade the P/G/S member on their first stay they will be given upgrade priority on their next stay.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Srisarin
There's over US$14-Billion in infrastructure development money already committed to Phu Quoc.
The time to go is NOW
And to others who complained about the ALLEGED noise I spent a week there the end of November and the only noise I heard were from chirping birds in the morning
Thank you for information. Actually I've gone to this resort April this year, loved it overall, but construction noise was (for me) a bit distracting, and
There was a large shovel in the sea!!!, which is off-putting and dangerous. So I hope to revisit when the construction will finish.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:17 am

And to others who complained about the ALLEGED noise I spent a week there the end of November and the only noise I heard were from chirping birds in the morning
I was there for 7 nights and the only noise I heard were birds chirping as well. Oh and the sound of the ocean

Seriously I think some people are either happy being miserable or are making stuff up to purposely keep people away for selfish reasons so that the resort doesn't become too popular and the hotel category doesn't go up.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by tempra
Thank you for information. Actually I've gone to this resort April this year, loved it overall, but construction noise was (for me) a bit distracting, and
There was a large shovel in the sea!!!, which is off-putting and dangerous. So I hope to revisit when the construction will finish.
The only shovel I saw on the beach was the one locals were using filling up sandbags.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
The only shovel I saw on the beach was the one locals were using filling up sandbags.
Agreed, Just finished a week and was extremely quiet. Only a few small occasional fishing boats in the bay. Wouldn't have even noticed any construction except when walked up to the far end of the beach off the Resort property and heard a couple small hammers, but nothing substantial. Im sure it will be quite a while before this project is finished, and I would guess the major impact will be the addition of another resort (or whatever the complex is slated to be) using the beach. Currently, the Marriott seems to have the whole bay to themselves, which is quite nice.
imverge likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Unfortunately that's what happens when a few posters who have not even been to this property post negative comments that others are gullible enough to believe for their own perverted reasons of trying to be heard in order to stir up the crap and then just walk away to do the same in another thread and/or forum.

Originally Posted by bobdevens
Agreed, Just finished a week and was extremely quiet. Only a few small occasional fishing boats in the bay. Wouldn't have even noticed any construction except when walked up to the far end of the beach off the Resort property and heard a couple small hammers, but nothing substantial. Im sure it will be quite a while before this project is finished, and I would guess the major impact will be the addition of another resort (or whatever the complex is slated to be) using the beach. Currently, the Marriott seems to have the whole bay to themselves, which is quite nice.
imverge likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Isn't it possible that there WAS construction noise before the large condo buildings were enclosed and now that they are the noise has gone? I've certainly visited hotels where this was the case - things change with time (and weather )
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by estnet
Isn't it possible that there WAS construction noise before the large condo buildings were enclosed and now that they are the noise has gone? I've certainly visited hotels where this was the case - things change with time (and weather )
The building isn't even enclosed. It is just a concrete shell. There is plywood boarding that surrounds the construction site as you would expect but even that doesn't back up to the guest rooms. The nearest guest rooms are two buildings away.

Plus with the constant soothing sound of the ocean that would diffuse a lot of noise.

Last edited by imverge; Dec 11, 2017 at 9:21 am
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is "grocery shopping service" they mention on the website?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:52 am
Suspended

I'm sure that the poster who was ACTUALLY at the hotel likely heard construction noise, but what I stated was I have a problem with (1) alleged experts who have never been to this property who post as if they were (what is lately referred to as fake news and consistently does this not only in the Marriott forum but several others), (2) incorrect information, which of course no one ever checks before rants begin, especially when intentional and posted only to stir up the crap and (3) totally false information such as no point reservations bookable in all of 2018 (posted several times) which another poster went off and and demanded that the CEO and Bill be immediately be contacted for this outrageous transgression.

Originally Posted by estnet
imverge likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Oh so you don't like trolls ^ sure wish there was a way to blanket ban them!

I'm sure that the poster who was ACTUALLY at the hotel likely heard construction noise, but what I stated was I have a problem with (1) alleged experts who have never been to this property who post as if they were (what is lately referred to as fake news and consistently does this not only in the Marriott forum but several others), (2) incorrect information, which of course no one ever checks before rants begin, especially when intentional and posted only to stir up the crap and (3) totally false information such as no point reservations bookable in all of 2018 (posted several times) which another poster went off and and demanded that the CEO and Bill be immediately be contacted for this outrageous transgression.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
A few notes:

Thanks for your report.

Originally Posted by baxxter
Stayed there last weekend. Platinum hour is no more since first of December.. >>>> I guess that we missed that benefit by a couple of weeks
Just happy hour (1 for 1 for limited set of drinks) from 3-5 (red rum beach bar) and 5-7 (department of chemistry).

Still nice place.

Some notes:
  • Beach was remarkably clean after all the stories I read; >>>> very happy to read this.
  • Food in Red Rum was great (did not try Tempus Fugit);
  • Breakfast was awesome; >>>> maybe, it will still be a Platinum benefit when we get there.
  • Felt relatively quiet, always enough space at all three pools, but also not busy during happy hour which is a bit of a shame;
  • I think our upgrade (as Marriott Platinum) consisted of a room at level 4 of the building ('improved view'), rooms are good though >>>> having been spoiled by Starwood since the beginning of the SPG program, but also by the Marriott Marquis in Bangkok the few times we stayed there, we were expecting a suite upgrade. Let's see what we'll get.
  • University theme is really cool, place looks amazing; >>>> that seems to be the overwhelming consensus.
  • Happy hours were limited (just some basic cocktails, nothing fancy);
Overall great place to visit for a couple of days if it fits your plans.

Last edited by UASPG; Dec 12, 2017 at 2:25 am
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:48 am
Suspended

I previously published this propertys suite upgrade policy

Originally Posted by UASPG
A few notes:

Thanks for your report.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:26 am

Few Notes to Report

We are currently here on the 5th night of our 8 nights. Yes, I saw the bulldozer once. It was here clearing area and making it nice and neat for the event that happened this weekend here, I think. I really like the resort. A few minor things. Ants in our room invaded the complimentary dessert we got as a welcome. Food is ok. You can get really good food in town, but that's about 30 km away. They do have a shuttle to take you there at night to the night Market, but it does fill up as a previous poster stated. Our cab ride from the airport was 230k. We liked the cab driver so we tipped him 70k. So 300k total. You can hire a taxi all day for $30 USD plus whatever you want to tip the driver. The staff are all kind and courteous and mostly try to fulfill requests. However, my wife is Vietnamese and spoke to them in vietnamese and they still couldn't get things right on the first try. Just be patient. Morning buffet is pretty good, especially if you are an elite member! High floors are nice but if you get the 6th floor (the highest) you are trading space for height. We didn't like it. I'll add more as observe! Cheers!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
You can beg all you want but the simple policy to paraphrase the prop is IF a suite is available Ps will be accommodated in one but there simply aren’t enough suites for every requestor and they are therefore trying to provide suites to everyone on at least one visit (I have one now so don’t expect one on my next visit here and likewise if I wasn’t upgraded on this trip more then likely would be on my return)
Fully aware of the policy, but it happened that I have not stayed in a single room at a Starwood property for way over 10 years and my relatively short experience with Marriott has been the same. We have already been upgraded to a suite for our next stay, at the Sheraton Saigon, but I am starting to realize that it might not be the same at the JW Marriott in Phu Quoc.

No Ambassador to call them up on our behalf, to keep a suite for us, no SNA, no metal LT card that my wife and I can show up at checking time and not even a connection to that GM. A lesson of modesty coming up? We'll wait and see, but begging was never part of our plans.

Last edited by UASPG; Dec 12, 2017 at 4:48 pm
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:17 pm

Unfortunately that's what happens when a few posters who have not even been to this property post negative comments that others are gullible enough to believe for their own perverted reasons of trying to be heard in order to stir up the crap and then just walk away to do the same in another thread and/or forum.
The same posters who have had their FF program blocked.

The same posters who one day ask when the construction will end and the next day post that they've been there.

The same posters who obviously have more than one FT handle.

The same posters who if they clap back I'll have to bring out the receipts for all to see.

Last edited by imverge; Dec 12, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.