Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Punta De Mita, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.

new hotel W Punta De Mita --- Opening March 2016 per hotel Directory. Anyone have more info? March 2016 seems like very soon to open!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Good option. However, I doubt that they will match the service at the St. Regis.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

might be condos?
W is part of >
los veneros, currently just 3/4BR condos, planning more condos and hotel

seems st regis is also adding 42 condos

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 16, 2015 at 9:04 pm
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Opening date now May 1, 2016.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:19 pm

W Punta Mita

I just found out about this hotel. Anyone know any details? It says opening May 1 but still not accepting reservations. How close would it be to the St. Regis which I love?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by milemonkey
I just found out about this hotel. Anyone know any details? It says opening May 1 but still not accepting reservations. How close would it be to the St. Regis which I love?
The hotel will be located in Los Veneros, which is a separate development several miles away from Punta Mita. They are trying to capitalize on the Punta Mita name - Los Veneros is not even on the point. It's address only has Punta de Mita in the name because it's on the highway to Punta Mita.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by jja34-1
The hotel will be located in Los Veneros, which is a separate development several miles away from Punta Mita. They are trying to capitalize on the Punta Mita name - Los Veneros is not even on the point. It's address only has Punta de Mita in the name because it's on the highway to Punta Mita.
Interesting. I'm not at all familiar with the area--can you provide some context as to possible drawbacks (or positives) of this location, or how "not even on the point" may affect the W from a desirability perspective?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Interesting. I'm not at all familiar with the area--can you provide some context as to possible drawbacks (or positives) of this location, or how "not even on the point" may affect the W from a desirability perspective?
On the bright side it will be closer to the airport. And I'm not sure of the exact location of the resort, but I seem to recall that there is a pretty nice beach over in the area, so if the W is on that beach it would arguably have a nicer beach than the St. Regis. I only saw the beach from a boat, but it looked much longer and walkable than the St. Regis beach.

On the downside, it looks like this resort will be significantly more compact than the St. Regis, and you won't have all of the resort amenities nearby (golf, tennis, other hotels restaurants, etc.). It would also be a longer drive to visit the town of Punta Mita for shopping or dinner, and I don't think there are any comparable towns nearby so you would be even more isolated than at the St. Regis.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:21 pm

Cool, thanks. How far from the town is the StR, and assuming the f&b options at the W will be on par with the StR, would one be disappointed to stay on site for, say, 5 days?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
~3.5km for St. Regis to Punta Mita.
~15km for W to Punta Mita.

The location of the hotel is here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/20.7517,-105.4326

Based on the news releases, it will feature 120 oceanfront villas, so the above map pin is likely the entrance/main building for the resort and the property extends all the way to the beach/ocean.

Last edited by jibi; Mar 28, 2016 at 8:59 pm
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:33 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
an all villas property?

definitely cat 7 i guess.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:24 am

Now May 31.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by spgplat21
On the bright side it will be closer to the airport. And I'm not sure of the exact location of the resort, but I seem to recall that there is a pretty nice beach over in the area, so if the W is on that beach it would arguably have a nicer beach than the St. Regis. I only saw the beach from a boat, but it looked much longer and walkable than the St. Regis beach.

If you took a boat directly from the Punta Mita area you most likely saw the Ranchos beach. No hotel is ever going to be built on that beach, which has restricted access. The homeowners and the government of Mexico would not allow it, particularly given that the both current and past Presidents of Mexico vacation in that development.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Delta Platinum Medallion
This property appears to be bookable for May 31 and beyond. Rates starting at $505/night or 20k in points. While called W Punta de Mita it is not at all in Punta de Mita. I loved the St. Regis and the expansive grounds in the complex but look forward to checking out the W on an upcoming stay.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
been looking at this and hard to believe still no real photos...they seem to be renderings...tough to tell what you're going to get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.