Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

When does my Elite status expire ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:43 am
Original Poster

I just earned Gold with Marriott and wanted to check - when my status would expire ?

On their website it doesn't say anything, but I know most programs generally do it for this year and next.

Would it be Dec 2010 or later ?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by webmanik
I just earned Gold with Marriott and wanted to check - when my status would expire ?

On their website it doesn't say anything, but I know most programs generally do it for this year and next.

Would it be Dec 2010 or later ?

That depends if you earned it, or if you were given status through the "Taste of Gold" promotion.

If you earned it by virtue of staying 50 nights this year (or over a rolling 12 months ending at any time whithin this year), then it should be good through February 2011.

If you were given Gold status through the promo, it would expire on the date stated in the promo (I believe 12/31/2009), unless you met the requirements to keep the status. If you met the requirements to keep the gold status, then it should be valid through February 2011, as well.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:27 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tvetter01
If you were given Gold status through the promo, it would expire on the date stated in the promo (I believe 12/31/2009), unless you met the requirements to keep the status.
As an add-on to tvetter01's nice reply, note that the requirements to keep Gold status from the Taste of Gold promo is NOT 50 nights, but 12 nights within the promo's time window which I think is September through December, 2009.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
I'm trying to figure out when my Platinum status will expire, given the rollover nights program. I will definitely have >150 nights before EOY. Does this mean that I'm good through 12/31/2011?
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Given your >150 nights in 2009 you should roll-over at least 75 nights into 2010. Therefore you will have requalified for MR Plat once those roll-over nights have been credited to your account giving you Plat benefits until 2/2012.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
I'm trying to figure out when my Platinum status will expire, given the rollover nights program. I will definitely have >150 nights before EOY. Does this mean that I'm good through 12/31/2011?
No, that just means you should probably sell your house and move in the Marriott permanently... you are already half way there

(BTW - pot... kettle... black...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.