Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Savannah Residence Inn Historic District - Anyone stay here yet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Will be there Friday and hoping it is great! I hear the location is very good...
Old Jul 1, 2009, 5:25 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by crazygrow
Will be there Friday and hoping it is great! I hear the location is very good...
Never stayed but was scouting Savannah for a good location in May on a day trip there. RI is too far away for me. For myself I'll book something along the river, between Bay Street and the river, so I can walk around. Great spots along there and thats all I'd call "historic". Parking downtown was a nightmare but if you stay there you can walk easily as the actual riverside historic district is quite small compared to what I expected. If RI or distant hotels are needed take a cab downtown.

PS. Once away from the tourist area on the river I saw plenty of security issues so be aware, travel with tours/groups away from Bay/River zone, as the locals advise wisely
Old Jul 1, 2009, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Never stayed but was scouting Savannah for a good location in May on a day trip there. RI is too far away for me. For myself I'll book something along the river, between Bay Street and the river, so I can walk around. Great spots along there and thats all I'd call "historic". Parking downtown was a nightmare but if you stay there you can walk easily as the actual riverside historic district is quite small compared to what I expected. If RI or distant hotels are needed take a cab downtown.

PS. Once away from the tourist area on the river I saw plenty of security issues so be aware, travel with tours/groups away from Bay/River zone, as the locals advise wisely
Are you talking about the Savannah Midtown or the brand new RI (just opened about two months ago)...?
Old Jul 2, 2009, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by crazygrow
Are you talking about the Savannah Midtown or the brand new RI (just opened about two months ago)...?
Sorry thought you meant Midtown and thats what I saw....missed the new location I guess. From what I saw anything along the river works. Kind of glad its not a large district so I'll have lots of time to walk & browse. Hope someone else can kick in some hotel feedback as I'm curious too about a stay at this RI.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 4:28 pm

Some encouraging stay reports at this link

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=...ub-search.y=12
Old Jul 4, 2009, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Some encouraging stay reports at this link

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=...ub-search.y=12
Finished our stay there last night. The hotel is obviously new (or completely redone inside). Very helpful staff. Nice rooms.

In Savannah, location is key. This hotel is on the outer edge of the Historic District. It is about seven to eight blocks from one edge of River Street (where most people go to walk), but the tours do have trolley busses that go right by the hotel. We drove and parked closer, but we have four small children.

Overall, very nice.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
anyone stayed here recently?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: SW P, Marriott P, AA Gold, HH Gold
Stayed there a few weeks go and loved it. We stayed in the bungalow type rooms near the pool. Clean, nice house keeping and front desk staff. The nightly and free happy hour was served from the bar and was a local keg beer (but good). Free apps were nachos, chicken fingers, good fruit and cheese spread. We walked to everything and I didn't have a problem with the location at all (5 + blocks to where we wanted to be, but enjoyed the walk as the streets are all charming).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.