Search

Marriott Bed on Points?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2008, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Marriott Bed on Points?

Hi All

I would like to get a Marriott Bed for home and I would like even more not to pay for it. Is there anyway I can use my cache of MR points to pay for a bed. Is this in anyway possible?

An added complication is that I live in the UK. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you in anticipation.
Phil
Old Sep 30, 2008, 1:50 pm

Programs: MR Plat Lifetime, SPG Plat, Hertz Pres., National Exec.
You may want to try the Customize Your Reward program, they may be able to ship to the UK:

You can now use your Marriott Rewards points to make that special wish come true!

As an Elite member you can redeem your points for merchandise or unique items that are not currently available.

Not sure on how to use your points? Here are a few exciting options to get you started: Special Events such as Kentucky Derby, Masters Golf and other VIP programs, Custom Built Golf Clubs, Tickets to any concert or sporting event at any venue, Fantasy Major League Baseball camp or custom designed jewelry.

If you can dream it, we'll help you make it come true! Find out more today!

[URL="https://www.skymall.com/mrrfa/homepage.htm"]
Old Sep 30, 2008, 1:55 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
If you do put in a request via SkyMall, be prepared to pay an outrageous amount.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I guess you could redeem 135k points for $1000 gift cheque and use it to purchase?
Old Sep 30, 2008, 5:31 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Unfortunately, I do not think there is a way for TheMajor to use his points for a Marriott Bed. Though the Customize Your Reward option was created for just this type of thing, it has not been expanded to include request made from outside of the Continental United States.

I looked into iztok’s idea about using gift checks. I found this is also a dead end because gift checks can only be redeemed at Marriott Properties.

I anticipate that as the Marriott Rewards program continues to grow, especially in markets outside the US, more of these types of redemption options will become available.

Regards,
Ira
Old Sep 30, 2008, 5:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
TheMajor...

are you close to any FS properties??? maybe you could contact the hotel and see if there was a way they could arrange that????

Marriott Concierge---any thoughts on trying it this way?? Maybe a hotel could order one, post it as a charge to a house account, then TheMajor could use GCs to pay????

Just musing....

good luck...hope you can find one...(maybe someone onthe Concierge team wants to take a triip??? wonder how much the excess baggage fee would be??
Old Sep 30, 2008, 7:37 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
I don't think I would want to take the risk of that in inventory if I was in such a position.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Thank you navstarv, megtravels, iztok and Marriott Concierge for you suggestions and advice. Looks like I may have to abandon that idea.

Seems a pity that something so closely alligned with Marriott cannot be purchased via points under the ShopMarriott programme.

Ira, any enhancements to the non-US features of the MR scheme would be great and vastly appreciated. Remember, those of us living in Europe have to work twice as hard to get our Platimum status due to the relatively small number of Marriott hotels over here!
Old Oct 4, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
Beware of those beds. In short, they suck.

I love Marriott's and love staying their beds at the hotel. When you go with Shop Marriott, god help you.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 5:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
We've had a Marriott bed in our home for nearly two years. We couldn't be more pleased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.